LE tools for cellphones, passwords, other

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

LE tools for cellphones, passwords, other

Post by DNR »

Law Enforcement Technology has always been an area of great interest.
The interest in the technology can be useful both ways - for fighting
criminals or protecting yourself from technology that could be mis-applied
to the wrong people.
I dropped in on some particular friends in a particular place (one that
requires special membership) and picked up on some new tech stuff that I
thought I share with my friends...

I have more nfo coming regarding these devices ( I am now listed as
"------- Crime Lab") and will update. Let me know what stirs your
interests:

For Cellphones:
eAgency's RADAR for monitoring cellphones,
all incoming and outgoing communications - voice and text, emails and
pictures. Data is sent to eAgency's server in real time and accessed via a
website.
http://www.eagency.com/1-8-08.shtml
--------------

Paraben Corp's CSI stick - looks like a memory stick..
Supports 300 phone models. Tool can be used in the field - its memory
stick plugs in to cellphones to download everything- call history, contacts
list, sms, pictures, IMEI / ESN, phone number etc. You'll plug in the stick to a cellphone, DL, and take it back to the office and plug it into your PC (using their software Device Seizure lite). They also host other neat tools for collecting data..
http://www.paraben.com/
------------------
Also See: CellDEK TEK, it's a PC based system, and can access over 950
phones, PDAs, blackberry, etc
http://www.logicubeforensics.com/produc ... ek-tek.asp
-------------
Susteen's Secure View Mobile. A handheld device to do the same.
http://www.susteen.com/
-----------
and Cellebrite's UFED, a similar device.
http://www.cellebrite.com/cellebrite-fo ... ement.html
----------------
For Computer password cracking:
Intelligent Computer Solution's COBRA is a hardware solution that
connects to a PC via a USB port and works with password recovery apps
like DNA by Access Data or the Password Recovery Tool Kit (PRTK). This
will all fix neatly into a breifcase.
http://www.ics-iq.com/
http://www.policeone.com/police-product ... s/1228432/
--------------
SubRosaSoft.com
Mac OS - live forensics via USB flash drive.
--------------

Mobile GPS and avoiding traffic surveillance:
Njection.com and Garmin, a GPS nfo provider have teamed together to
provide speed trap and red-light cameras data on to maps. The vehicle
Garmin system can warn the driver when approaching such a area.
http://njection.com/speedtrap/
--------------
8)
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Nice bit of info there buddy ;)

Post by computathug »

Law enforcement technology is something i have always tried to be aware of and is something not to take lightly. With every new phone on the market having GPS this makes our where abouts even easier to monitor. Since the law changed recently and now that it is legal for the government to eaves drop on our calls (UK) and also use them as evidence in court.

Well you might say go and buy a second hand phone, but there is always the chance that the phone was not registered to the user before you and who knows what that was then used for and might already be monitored. If you are using a contract phone then thats even easier to trace who you are through the network you are using. Guns in our country are illegal unless extensive checks are carried out and a board that decides if you are suitable to hold a license. Even if you hold a license then it must be used in accordance and if its not being used then you Will loose it the next time an approval is needed which is every 4 years here i think. As i have a lifetime ban its something i am not too clued up on any more. Back to the point, gun crime here is stupidly high. The nearest city to me they call gunchester and not manchester. Now if i was to go buy a gun, which is very easy to do here, and then got caught with it, there is every chance that it may have been used in a previous crime and unless your a grass and tell them where you got it from then you are liable for any previous activities that it has been involved in. How are you to know if the weapon is 'clean' and thats exactly as how i see mobile phones. Since the anti-terrorism laws have changed recently this has given the authorities more power to seize evidence even if a crime has not been committed. What i mean by this is even if you are just driving out on a family day out and you get stopped, if the police think that you are involved in any criminal activity then they have a right to seize the car and phone etc even though you have done nothing wrong. |With the costs of phones down to around £5 each here for a simple phone its easier to throw the handset and sim card and get another. Changing either the handset or simcard will not protect you in any way or form. Most criminals will carry at least 2 phones. One maybe the phone you keep for family and friends and has no connection to anything other than. This is called your 'SAFE' phone. The second phone is the one they will destroy at the second anything is not feeling just right. Ok, so you can get phones with dual simcards but this wont protect you in any form what so ever as each card will still be register to the phones EMI number yo have no escape.

Never say anything over the air waves that you dont have to. Use keywords that only the users know. If you are setting up a covert meeting dont take your phone with you unless its clean. Its the same with your PC.

How much does where you go and what you do reveal about you?

Big brother is watching :evil:

Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Losing_grip »

Damn , I like the Paraben Corp's CSI Stick but it doesn't support nokia. Only mottorola and samsung :roll:

Anyway , nice spy stuff out there ^^ , hope to hear more spy gadgets =p

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

new tech tryout

Post by DNR »

Thats what I missed about the crime lab - we got new tech to try out and eval for the PD in the state and local levels. I even got to shoot a 40mm beanbag gun, bullets into bullet- resistant glass and vests, Lasers and Alternative light sources, and of course geek stuff like the video-sunglasses, cameras, and physical security devices like the retina scanner, biometric scanner, voice print, and thumbprint locks.

This is why you want to stay out of trouble and associate with different professions including academia, fire, police, and even gov.

@C-thug
The more you know about the tech the more you can protect yourself. Remember my recent post - a photo with a .45 on the laptop? See the cellphones in the picture... :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

always watching!

Post by computathug »

Yeah, now i have looked again at the pic, i see both cellphones :wink:.

As technology advances more and more, the walls close in faster and faster. The game gets harder to play. Trying to be invisible also becomes harder. As a note to all the younger members 'a decision is easily made but the consequences may less easily be dealt with'. Life is a game but be prepared, things can go wrong. Life is what you make it.

Be true to yourself that the path you are walking is the right path for you. If not get off it now and find an alternmative route. As they say...

' If you cant do the time, dont do the crime '

The rest is up to you!!!! :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

come out to play

Post by DNR »

The way I look at it. Since I experienced both sides.
Its a big boy's game. You don't try to play a game with the top dogs unless you are in top shape and know how the games are played.

DNR
-

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Play with fire you get burnt

Post by computathug »

Here is another tool law enforcement agencies are using at the moment as well.

take a look here

http://www.guidancesoftware.com/products/ef_index.asp

or google around for 'eNcase'

Anyone worried yet......blow it up :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

what?

Post by DNR »

Encase has actually been around for years - like in the 1990's. It can make a virtual copy of the HD without messing with time stamps - which is crucial in a investigation.

I just sent in for a subscription to Law Enforcement Technology magazine. Since I have ever known, many of those publications do not do a background check on people signing up for their publications. Many of these publications I think are way too sensitive for the public to have access to. You get all kinds of nfo on gear, tactics, and technology the police and military use. Both are the same btw - if you learn technology of the military, you'll be familiar with the tech on the law enforcement side (take note Gog!).

Just like Floodie discussed in his post on Free Electronics - you represent yourself as a inventor, technogeek, or scientist and send away for these publications. I will even use the same 'company' I use for ordering electronics or signing up for technical stuff requiring me to register a 'company'. I use "DSF Inc.", it is neat, non-descript, and portable - meaning you can make the company do anything. It is just a clean representation. If anybody ask, DSF stands for Digital Special Forces :wink:

Sorry for the long winded posts today, I think its the Norco....
:oops:
DNR
-