exe binder for linux

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
leechy9
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

exe binder for linux

Post by leechy9 »

is there any exe binder for linux? i have found many for windows, but i havent found one for linux yet. and i have checked the download pages, and i didnt find one. if u know of a good one (or one at all) than please tell me.
rm -rf * /

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Before any posts are made, I am going to direct you here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXE

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

there is a big deifference between binary executables for windwos and linux mate

also the file system is completely different between windows and linux

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Linux software ussually has the source code included, i am guessing that you just add your source code to that and compile it

leechy9
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by leechy9 »

i know that linux runs on binaries. i was just wondering if they had a binder that would work on linux so i could bind my exe's that i make to a file like a jpeg. it has nothing to do with running the exe's on my linux comp. i want my exe's to run on windows. the binder itself shouldnt have to be only on a windows system.
rm -rf * /

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

i dunno,i havent seen one before,but probably if there is the file will probably end up corrupted ;)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

rhysh wrote:but probably if there is the file will probably end up corrupted ;)
What makes you think that? :roll:
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

cats wrote:
rhysh wrote:but probably if there is the file will probably end up corrupted ;)
What makes you think that? :roll:

because i just i cant see a unix binder using a stub for win32 apps,and if they did it would be pretty unreliable probably

last week i downloaded millions of ps2 emulaters and not one worked,might as well still to my ps2

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

rhysh wrote: because i just i cant see a unix binder using a stub for win32 apps,and if they did it would be pretty unreliable probably

If it's unreliable or not is up to the programmer. Never thought about why people chose Linux over Windows when it comes to servers?
rhysh wrote: last week i downloaded millions of ps2 emulaters and not one worked,might as well still to my ps2
I assume that you are pointing towards that they were made in Linux? :P still, it depends on the programmer.

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

all im saying is,i doubt you will get a working binder in linux for win32 platforms ;)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

rhysh wrote:all im saying is,i doubt you will get a working binder in linux for win32 platforms ;)
Well of course it would be harder to find a binder for an operatingsystem that doesn't really have anything that is logical to bind, since 99.9% of the files you bind are windows executable files, then it's also there you would bind them, in the environment where you work with them that is ^^