120GB LM Rainbow Table

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!

Keep

yes
No votes
no
No votes

Total votes: 0

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

oh dam,lol man thats gotta suck

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

alright, I've downloaded all the parts, unpacked the tables and did a test by using Cain, it cracked the MD5 hash for "test123" in 57 seconds (and my system is not really fast)...so I think it was worth the download... :)

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

bad_brain wrote:alright, I've downloaded all the parts, unpacked the tables and did a test by using Cain, it cracked the MD5 hash for "test123" in 57 seconds (and my system is not really fast)...so I think it was worth the download... :)
So these tables will also crack MD5? I thought it was only for LM hashes
Gone

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, you can download tables for LM, NTLM and MD5 hashes there, but I am more interested in MD5 ones... :wink:

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

bad_brain wrote:alright, I've downloaded all the parts, unpacked the tables and did a test by using Cain, it cracked the MD5 hash for "test123" in 57 seconds (and my system is not really fast)...so I think it was worth the download... :)
Ended up downloading the same one as you, best one for realistic passwords. Tried test123 and it took 45.53 seconds.

EDIT: Tried a random password, "5FLzKd2". Took a total of 90 seconds to decrypt it.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh, cool to see the performance of others....I did some more test yesterday, Swan hashed passwords and I tried to crack them.
so I recommend to additionally get the other MD5_MIXALPHA-NUMERIC-ALL-SPACE ones (the ones above, md5_mixalpha-numeric-all-space_1-6_perfect), they cracked a hash the other tables couldn't... :wink:

the hash:

Code: Select all

52005f1d4e2be2bd3937a0ed9a7c05ff

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

so 1-6 perfect, means it will only crack stuff which is 1 to 6 characters long?

im getting it now, just takeing forever .. like 9 to 15kb/s because i am useing proxys to download them all today.. i hate rapidshare restrictions :roll:

i will try and crack that hash you posted after i get this thing downloaded
Gone

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

Still_Learning wrote:so 1-6 perfect, means it will only crack stuff which is 1 to 6 characters long?

im getting it now, just takeing forever .. like 9 to 15kb/s because i am useing proxys to download them all today.. i hate rapidshare restrictions :roll:

i will try and crack that hash you posted after i get this thing downloaded
My friend let me use his rs account, downloaded 20 at a time at 50kb/s. Sorry can't help you out :(

Also yeah, 1-6 doesn't seem like a long enough password. 3-10 would be perfect.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I got all of the rainbow tables suggested with the exception of file 10... now the server has not been up for the last 24 hours atleast :evil: this sucks,
that was an awesome link.. i need MD5 tables aghrrrrr but not some massive 120GB table something like the one B-B suggested

also B-B check your PM plz, i left you one recently

btw edit:: site seems to be back up thanks, now i can finally get part 10 lol
Last edited by Still_Learning on 16 Dec 2008, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Gone

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

bad_brain wrote:well, you can download tables for LM, NTLM and MD5 hashes there, but I am more interested in MD5 ones... :wink:
Aren't all our password in the database in MD5 ?
:roll:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, and I want to crack them so I can access your accounts....oops, wait, I have full database access already anyway... :P

MD5 ones are simply the most used ones, LM and NTLM can be evaded by any Linux live distro, much less effort than downloading tables for cracking.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

bad_brain wrote:yeah, and I want to crack them so I can access your accounts....oops, wait, I have full database access already anyway... :P
I bet you 5$ that at least 1/5 of our user use the same account/password somewhere else ;)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Nerdz wrote:I bet you 5$ that at least 1/5 of our user use the same account/password somewhere else ;)
true, good point. but well, many users (in general, not just here) prefer comfort instead of security..... :?
personally I use only generated passwords with the max. possible length, except on "I don't care anyway" disposable accounts.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Not to distrust B_B or the secure programming of suck-o.com itself (imagine all the hack attempts on the site just for toplist rank) But good point - no one should use the same user/login for one site, for all his sites.
I like the fact that B_B stays up on his network security skills by playing these wargames - psst the secret is not the wargame, but the Intrusion Detection System testing.. :wink:

Now, on the point of security - watch out for those suck-o.com Cookies - they keep you logged in on a specific computer even if you close the browser.. Account>logout/exit

For those that are using the Rainbow tables, List the programs you guys use, including Cain to run on MD5 hashes::

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.