Ddos attacks

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
3XTORTION
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Ddos attacks

Post by 3XTORTION »

Well the number of skiddies is increasing day by day and numer of Ddos attacks is.and firewalls doesnt seem much efficient to a massive ddos attacks is there any other ways ? Built in firewalls in hardware,filter....

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

DDoS and DoS, Tutorial

Post by DNR »

-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, it depends on how massive the attack is.....attacks by smaller botnets can easily be ceased by a firewall, but if a real large botnet attacks the produced traffic can take down the whole infrastructure so firewalls don't help. but such botnets are not owned by skiddies, criminals own them and offer them for rent.....when such huge botnets attack the only way to cease them are redundancies in server clusters, so the site is not available just on a single IP/single physical network.

Insection

Post by Insection »

I heard some guy in Portugal has a 100k+ botnet army. He must feel like an internet god.. lol

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Insection wrote:I heard some guy in Portugal has a 100k+ botnet army. He must feel like an internet god.. lol
Hes just a skid playing with stupid tools(no coding,no hacking,no mental skillz) just a couple of commands and thats it 8O This aint hacking at all ! :wink:

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

The Conficker worm infected a LOT of computers and created a botnet of 10-12 million.

eppik

Post by eppik »

tonit wrote:
Insection wrote:I heard some guy in Portugal has a 100k+ botnet army. He must feel like an internet god.. lol
Hes just a skid playing with stupid tools(no coding,no hacking,no mental skillz) just a couple of commands and thats it 8O This aint hacking at all ! :wink:
Damn Right, btw i havnt heard anything about that (im from Portugal), and not it aint me :D