AXIS camera

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
ayu
Staff
Staff

AXIS camera

Post by ayu »

In the house where I live, there is a camera down stairs that monitors when people enter the building. And I want to use it.

I have gathered the following information thus far:

It's an AXIS camera, I couldn't get close enough to check the model, but I will do that later. It's connected the the same physical network as I am and since this is a school network I have grabbed the IP ranges that the school and school houses use.

I have port scanned the ones "most likely" to be it, but no hits so far. The AXIS camera usually has a web interface so I'm aiming towards that at the moment, since the camera stream can have any random port, and since it's a lot of IP's to scan, id rather focus on one single port (80).

I'm at the moment saving all scans in a log to analyse the addresses later, and since there is a slight risk that the camera can be accessed from the outside, I can't give you any "specific" information like IP ranges and such ;)

There are tools for AXIS that monitors LAN for cameras, but since it's not on my LAN, it would be rather pointless to try them out.

Anyway, if anyone has any passed experience with this I would love to get some hints on how to find it, then getting into it is a later issue, but I heard there are plenty of vulnerabilities for these cameras, and I can just hope that it's old enough ;)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I doubt it's port 80....just think about routers and their web admin ifaces, they mostly use 8080, port 80 is an assigned port and so they will most likely keep it for an eventual running (real) web server in their LAN.

but well, once you know the model we surely can find out more... 8)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well at least according to some manuals I read it's common for it to use 80 ^^ but 8080 was mentioned as well.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

cats you are right - it is 80 - its a web interface thats why!
so the key is you need the right IP to access port 80 - usually xxx.xxx.xxx.1, or xxx.xxx.xxx.2, - routers, printers, end up at the beginning or the end of the IP range - with the middling range for computers and servers.But as you see here, they have other ports
8086, 8181, etc all high ports - sort of security through obscurity tactic

http://www.griffid.com/htm/live_cams.htm#206

edited: there is a tut somewhere on wifi login interfaces I wrote

https://www.suck-o.com/modules.php?name ... ifi+logins

https://www.suck-o.com/modules.php?name ... pic&t=4181

So you can scan for port 80, 8080, 8081 and see what banners you get back, if you get "AXIS CAMERA ADMIN VERSION syck0" you got it!!!

it might be default passwords for wifi login.. there you will find easy user/pass like admin admin or admin <none>

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.