Expanding Wireless Range

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
cool3ni

Post by cool3ni »

Hi everyone,I'd like to know if there is anyway that I can improve my wireless signal like by connecting an antenna or a dish to my router.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Yeah this is possible but it also depends on your router as some dont even have an antenna and other things like obstructions, weather etc etc.

I use a TP-LINK TL-ANT2414A like you can find on here

Code: Select all

http://www.tp-link.com/products/product_des.asp?id=62
there are many other products you can use too :wink:

Welcome to Suck-o buddy. Do yourself a favor and read the rules and don't post where you are not supposed to and you will get all the help you need. Introduce yourself in the introduction thread in the general discussion area.

Enjoy your stay :)
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

The proper term for that 'device' to plug into your router is "Wifi Access Point". This creates the wifi entry point for your cabled network. The AP will handle the RF>digital siganl conversion so it translates just like any other network device plugged into your network. This is the little device with the two/one antenna about the size of a cable modem.

If you just want to improve the signal for a laptop or desktop, some wifi cards have interchangeble antennas via BNC type connectors. The easiest, cheap way is get a hi-gain parabolic dish and plug in via a USB port.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.