A brief guide to hacking cable modems

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

A brief guide to hacking cable modems

Post by computathug »

Ok here is something i promised a while ago but i have not been able to get some of the modems needed till now. I have also wondered about posting this due to legalities so if it gets removed then i dont mind. Before i start this is for learning purposes only and i am not supporting illegal activity in any way.

Ok first of all you need a cable modem. One like this are they types i use

Code: Select all

http://aljoromy.net/images/ambit.jpg
Next you have to take it apart and connect it to the com port of your laptop

Now we need to communicate with the modem but first we need to set the ip so it doesnt jump during the process.
Then we need to reinstall the software and reset the modem
ImageImageImage
The last bit was the tricky bit as you only have 2 seconds and wanted to get a pic so it took 2 of us.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
The DHCP sniffer enables you to log mac addresses for cloning.

I would like to show you the modem working but i dont have a connection that works to test but i assure you when it was tested at a friends later it was running perfectly on 20meg.

I would only recommend testing capping the modem to see if you can get one faster and always pay for the cheapest offer they have rather than stealing it. Always use a second modem so if the ISP ever come knocking you have the original to show.

Hope you like what i can show
I am sure you will get the drift of what is happening here and maybe i will explain more but tonight this is seriously helping me to try to keep focused. I am also not sure how far i am able to show as we know here at suck-o we dont support illegal activities and this is from staff as well as members but if you would like to do some testing for your own purposes then thats not down to me. 8)
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Very nice, I love tuts with pictures! Can't wait for more :)
As for the illegal content, I think that if you clearly put a disclaimer that says "This tutorial is purely for educational purposes and educational ONLY! By this tutorial I do not encourage any illegal activities. I, author of this tutorial, am not to be hold responsible of any damage done by this tutorial"
or something like that

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

it's just a PoC, nothing illegal imo... :-99

well done thuggy.... :D