The Hacker Crackdown, gone international

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

The Hacker Crackdown, gone international

Post by DNR »

Assistance in the case came from the FBI, Interpol, the Romanian National Police, the Croatian police, and Canadian police, among others
The above is something I never expected to see - cooperation between international forces to crack down on computer crime.

Alleged Romanian phishers (finally) hauled into US courts
By Dan Goodin in San Francisco/ theregister.co.uk 30th September 2009
Two Romanian men accused of internet scams that defrauded customers of PayPal, Citibank and other financial institutions have been extradited to the United States to face charges.

Petru Bogdan Belbita, 25, of Craiova, Romania, was arrested in Montreal, Canada in January and formally extradited to the US late last week, prosecutors with the US Attorney in New Haven, Connecticut, said Tuesday. A separate defendant, Cornel Ionut Tonita, 28, of Galati, Romania, was arrested in Croatia in July and brought to the US earlier this month
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/30 ... xtradited/

I guess international borders will not stop police from tracking and arresting computer criminals anymore.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.