help with wifi

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
crashacid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

help with wifi

Post by crashacid »

hello everyone my problem is that at my workplace i gets some networks but they r locked one of of them is unsucred but when i tries to connect it just keep saying accruing network address but dosn't connects at all any have any idea is there any invisible wep with it

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Do you get a limited connection warning after waiting for a while? if so, you have to configure your IP settings manually.

Otherwise, maybe the signal strength is too low to establish a connection.

EDIT: what OS are you running? my first statement is for windows only... in linux it doesn't show any warning like that.

crashacid

Post by crashacid »

Lundis wrote:Do you get a limited connection warning after waiting for a while? if so, you have to configure your IP settings manually.

Otherwise, maybe the signal strength is too low to establish a connection.

EDIT: what OS are you running? my first statement is for windows only... in linux it doesn't show any warning like that.
yes, the signal is very good and i have both os. ubuntu and windows and these problem happened with both

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, if you don't have "official" permission to connect (I assume you haven't) it's most likely caused by a MAC restriction, so only specific MAC addresses are allowed to connect....the network still looks "open", but it isn't (at least not to everyone).
you could try to sniff packets, analyze them (getting the MAC I mean) and spoof yours then.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

b_b is right... its always better to have official permission than trying to sneak a use. just like better to visit a friend using the front door than try visiting him sneaking from the back door. ahihihi ^^,