My card won't stay on it's channel

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
crashacid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

My card won't stay on it's channel

Post by crashacid »

For some reason my card won't stay on the channel I tell it to when I try and crack wep.
My card is a Alfa AWUS036E
Like I will do:
airmon-ng start wlan0 11
then i will do:
aireplay-ng -1 0 -a *bssid of ap* -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e *ESSID* wlan0
and the answer i gets:
Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID*bssid*) on channel (random channel number)
Wlan0 is on channel 3, but the AP uses channel 11
Now if I repeat the last command wlan0 will be on a different channel, and it will change every time I repeat it.
also if i do:
airodump-ng wlan0
The channel that shows up will be changing continue sly doesn't stop on fixed channel
whats wrong with it
and thanks for previous helps

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Whats the signal to noise ratio?
remember -10dBm is great and -99dBm is BAD!

Try to triangular the wifi signal and measure your signal strength and noise ratio (you might have good signal - but its noisy with other devices using the 2.4mhz freq. nearby)

I assume you have sucessfully made this card work before, and this is just related to the AP you are trying to use. If not - then we need to check with aircrack-ng about certain cards and if they can both sniff and inject at the same time.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

dre360

Post by dre360 »

try -c and the channel you want like aircrak -c 11 -w the cap wlan0
works all the time

crashacid

Post by crashacid »

DNR wrote:Whats the signal to noise ratio?
remember -10dBm is great and -99dBm is BAD!

Try to triangular the wifi signal and measure your signal strength and noise ratio (you might have good signal - but its noisy with other devices using the 2.4mhz freq. nearby)

I assume you have sucessfully made this card work before, and this is just related to the AP you are trying to use. If not - then we need to check with aircrack-ng about certain cards and if they can both sniff and inject at the same time.

DNR

DNR the signal i gets is good about 70 to 80% and as you said about noisy ratio i tried the trick on 3 coming signals which were protected by weps
and about card i dont know it can sniff or inject my network card model number is already mentioned on upper post let me post it again with details on it
802.1g high power
Wireless USB ADAPTER
Model:AWUSO36H
FCC ID :UQ2AWUSO36H
thats what my card is
try -c and the channel you want like aircrak -c 11 -w the cap wlan0
works all the time
sorry dre360 i dont get you please explain with paragraph difficult to understand what you were trying to say ex:aircrack.

dre360

Post by dre360 »

with airodump you have to set the channel you want to monitor or airodump will just hop channels eg 1,2,3,4,5,6... when is type the command airodump-ng -c 11 eth1 i get the result below. 'notice the channel is not hopping and is on channel 11 because i set the -c 11

CH 11 ][ Elapsed: 4 s ][ 2009-11-22 09:54

BSSID PWR RXQ Beacons #Data, #/s CH MB ENC CIPHER AUTH ESSID

BSSID STATION PWR Rate Lost Packets Probes

crashacid

Post by crashacid »

dre360 wrote:with airodump you have to set the channel you want to monitor or airodump will just hop channels eg 1,2,3,4,5,6... when is type the command airodump-ng -c 11 eth1 i get the result below. 'notice the channel is not hopping and is on channel 11 because i set the -c 11

CH 11 ][ Elapsed: 4 s ][ 2009-11-22 09:54

BSSID PWR RXQ Beacons #Data, #/s CH MB ENC CIPHER AUTH ESSID

BSSID STATION PWR Rate Lost Packets Probes
thanks dre360 it worked like a charm thanks for your help.