Veri-sign

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
hackindave
forum buddy
forum buddy

Veri-sign

Post by hackindave »

A friend of mine is under the impression that her husband is cheating on her....(no comment here..lol).

Any way, she brought me his laptop and it has a couple of certificates that are from Veri-sign. Is there anyway to unencrypt these and see what is inside?? She just wants to see what he has been up to

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

simple install a keylogger or RAT...etc

any password is saved as remember me (asterisks) can be shown . they are encypted somehow in the registery .e.g CAIN can show them.

btw I am supposed not to be malicious and tell you bad things hehehe , you have to figure out underground dark world (hacking) yourself.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, certificates? where are they located? usually certificates are used to encrypt traffic when using https, or for encrypting emails (if both sides have shared the public keys).
notice that in most browsers and email clients a lot of certificates from trusted authorities (like verisign) are pre-installed, so it's not surprising to find them on a system.

inside a certificate there is nothing informative to find anyway.
but you can export it and import it into another system and then use it there to view encrypted emails from the first system (of course you will need the public key of the sender too)... :wink:

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

i still think hes just better off with a key logger lol

itll be a simple bit of time before you start to notice unusual tendencies type deal
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.

hackindave
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by hackindave »

Problem with a keylogger is that he is over seas right now and she has his laptop and wants to know what is up. One of the certificates is listed as adultfriendfinder, so that drives her suspicions even more.
Does something in the registry maybe contain the keys to get in?

visser

Post by visser »

hmmm see as badbrain stated those certificates are generally used to encrypt the traffic that goes over the wire. if you look into ssl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security) youll see that ssl uses two certificates. both of those are used to encrypt and decrypt data. they hold no info in them except the decryption and encryption for certain websites perhaps.

Now if you really want to dig something up you start looking into a few things. Adult Friend Finder is advertised all over as being the place to meet women or whatever so im fairly certain if you dig around on that website for a litt bit you could find either one of two things: its a scam and that adultfriendfinder certificate is just placed there to track how often people go on that site and come back... or (now i may be misunderstanding how this works so i need somebody to correct me here...) that adultfriendfinder certifacte is this guys login credentials for the adult friend finder website....

honestly you have a start here but personally i would look up what you can find in his web history. That may hold clues as to all the places he visits including what email websites he goes on. from finding the email websites you can find emails (hopefully)

mind you this is a very interesting situation as one important thing is to keep in mind: if you find info on this guy that the wife doesnt like you could completely destroy these twos marriage... mind you it wont be completely your fault because hes a dumb ass for getting into the wrong things but sometimes its better to let time heal and reveal...

good luck regardless.
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.