Wintendo 7 bsod

Problems? Post here...
cwdykarn
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Re: Wintendo 7 bsod

Post by cwdykarn »

yep there are some wierd netwok errors in that screenshot most of them looks like this

Code: Select all

Name resolution for the name imagehost.suck-o.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

I have been going through every line in the event log from top to bottom manually.
and almost every crash start with these two errors

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID: 4

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860\0019023f43ec7e.
I connect too the internet through a smartphone (USB 3.0)
box -> smartphone -> router -> Internet ( my dog ate my network cable xP ).
it dosent help to use a network cable it still crashes, but whit a diffrent set of errors >.<

I only use GuiMiner and a E-wallet
guiminer -> slush's pool -> E-wallet

Every driver is up to date and swapping out the graphic card dident help, but it dosent crash soo frequently with a ATI card #-o

iam seriusly considering on installing Debian on this box too, and flush my drive's clean from the wintendo 7 pleauge

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

what name servers are you using? the default ones of the ISP?

cwdykarn
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by cwdykarn »

I am using the default ones

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, the DNS servers you are using are maybe part of the problem, but it's definitely bad practice to use the ISP ones in general because of the so-called DNS leaks. this means even if you are using a VPN or proxy your visited domains could still be tracked by the DNS resolutions done on your ISP's DNS servers.

here are the ones I am using, both anonymous DNS servers located in NL, working fast and reliable for me since months already:

cwdykarn
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by cwdykarn »

i havent realy bothred to switch my name servers due to the fact, iam not doing anything *cough* ilegal from my network :P i have *cough* other access points for that :-99 :D

but never the less i will change them and see if it resolves the network issue :)

Thank you