Possible to remove or move windows patch installer files

Problems? Post here...
reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Possible to remove or move windows patch installer files

Post by reparto »

Trying to free up space on my SSD but I can't because microsoft insists on storing the 0.5GB patch installers on a drive of their choice...

Is there anything I can do about this?
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Possible to remove or move windows patch installer files

Post by bad_brain »

you could create a symbolic link, just like in Linux, which is possible in Windows too...MS wasn't smart enough to include a tool for that so you will have to use one from good ol' Sysinternals:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/jeffloucks/arch ... drive.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:

P.S. here's a good SSD optimization guide I have used for my SSDs too, you might free some more space through it:
http://www.thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/ ... 8-edition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reparto

Re: Possible to remove or move windows patch installer files

Post by reparto »

Thanks for that, got another 20GB out of moving folders over to another drive.

Also, it seems that the C\Windows\Installer directory is tamper-proof, its not listed in explorer nor can i do any commands on it using cmd but I can access it by typing in the path. If possible I'd also like to move this but it looks locked down to me
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services