partition help

Problems? Post here...
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

I honestly didnt even finish reading all the responses. As soon as i saw "Windows Xp dual booted with Vista" i wanted to commit suicide. : )

marshey
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by marshey »

thanks for all your help but while i have been tryin to sort out this problem i have come across another which is i keep some how blowing the fuse in my laptop charger, i have went through three fuses in four days. Does this happen because i leave my laptop on 24/7 on charge?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

when the battery is fully charged the charging process should stop automatically, so it don't matter if you leave it plugged 24/7.....when plugged the laptop don't use the battery anyway as power supply.
in my opinion it's either the battery itself or the battery charger....it could be the PSU too, but when the laptop runs stable when unplugged it's not very likely.

alien100

Post by alien100 »

try to drain all the static electricity from it
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

marshey
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by marshey »

thanks for all your help, i always seem to have computer problems when it comes near to my coursework deadlines but the teacher never belives me. What i have just noticed is that my charger is underneath my radiator and its only when i turn my radiator on i blow the fuse so i think this means its getting overheated so if i move my charger so it isn't near the radiator it shouldnt blow fuse right?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

8O yeah....a battery charger produces heat, and when the ventilation is not good enough it will fail....:wink:

marshey
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by marshey »

ok now i got the charger problem sorted bak to the partition problem. Right i have now got xp media on partition one and i have installed Nortan Partition Magic 8, When i make my second partition for Vista do i make it a Logical or Primary partition and what does cluster size mean, do i leave it as default or change it to either 512, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k, 32k or 64k?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hmm...should be primary, and you can leave the default cluster size. but imo it would be even better when you simply leave the emtpy disk space unformatted and create the partition when installing Vista...should be safer.