Vista Full Screen..

Problems? Post here...
ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Vista Full Screen..

Post by ebrizzlez »

Well... I am sorta new to Windows Vista Home Premium... and well... I was using and making a command-line application, so I wanted to kick back in full screen mode by pressing Alt + Enter, but instead, i get a funny message box saying "This system does not support Fullscreen mode." Does that mean I cant run anything in full screen mode? Or does it mean i hadnt configure it to do so.. Any thoughts or ideas here would be nice.. Thanks. :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I am think you'll need a graphic card. Do you have one installed? take a look at you're [windows computer score] and see if you need an upgrade on something.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

floodhound2 wrote:I am think you'll need a graphic card. Do you have one installed? take a look at you're [windows computer score] and see if you need an upgrade on something.
How'd you find out the windows computer score? But this is a new computer, and everything is preinstalled and set, so I believe they would have a working graphics card. :roll:

isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

its vista. just quit right now.
Chances are its some stupid bug in vista.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

isapiens wrote:its vista. just quit right now.
I dont think so, I actually like Vista more then Xp. Xp became a drag, and I had no problems besides this with Vista. So far. :wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

scrap windows period - theres a reason why Dell is gonna start offering linux as an alternative to windows :p

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

We should bring one of those threads back were we all bitch about vista. I experimented with it for a month, i almost cut my veins.

You have to have a beast machine to run that system. My home system is like one generation behind. It runs all these crazy looking games but it takes 15 minutes to load vista.
What a brilliant idea. Lets make an operating system that kinda looks like linux but in reality is the same xp but we will call it smth else. It wont offer you anything new, except stupid transparent windows and annoying messages that pop up while i play games and crash them . And ye, you have to spend more money and upgrade you already expensive computer in order to run it.

nice, got that out of system.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

a friend of mine who used to work for microsoft as a tester for windows vista, told me that he alone reported 100 bugs in the DHCP server... imagine how cool the whole operating system would be

isapiens , maybe you should try this

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

isapiens wrote:We should bring one of those threads back were we all bitch about vista. I experimented with it for a month, i almost cut my veins.

You have to have a beast machine to run that system. My home system is like one generation behind. It runs all these crazy looking games but it takes 15 minutes to load vista.
What a brilliant idea. Lets make an operating system that kinda looks like linux but in reality is the same xp but we will call it smth else. It wont offer you anything new, except stupid transparent windows and annoying messages that pop up while i play games and crash them . And ye, you have to spend more money and upgrade you already expensive computer in order to run it.

nice, got that out of system.
Well... on my old box, i use to not be able to run games like Battlefront 2 for the PC, but now I can easily load those games up and play without a problem, I am actually a Vista fan, I like it, and dont care what others say. All OS have problems, Vista just came out too earlier so maybe a few bugs would have been fixed. :roll:

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

respect for different opinions.

ps: [had known about the video, i love it lol]

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

isapiens wrote:respect for different opinions.

ps: [had known about the video, i love it lol]
8O 8O 8O 8O
Ok.... This Vista thing should be taken to the Debate boards, good topic, but I have been a huggge Windows fan, then recently moved to Linux, but then when upgrading compy's I had to switch my wireless card so then my Linux box didnt have net no more, but I understand how useful Linux can be, but still prefer to use Vista rather then XP... Chnaged my life... :wink: :roll: 8)

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Now, can we get back onto topic? Is there any ideas of what to do here?

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

No actually Vista is a resource hog. Thus said, you need newer computer equipment to utilize it fully. Like graphics cards, ram, CPU; all of this hardware generates a score that Vista derives, so that you can view to scrutinize. This will allow you to determine what upgrades you may or may not need. If your PC is lacking on a type of hardware then Vista will not allow for specific task that demand the hardware.

On the contrary I enjoy running Vista for every light duty demands. However I always find myself going back to XP when gamming, programming and other things that require me to be fast and fluent on the PC.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

floodhound2 wrote:No actually Vista is a resource hog. Thus said, you need newer computer equipment to utilize it fully. Like graphics cards, ram, CPU; all of this hardware generates a score that Vista derives, so that you can view to scrutinize. This will allow you to determine what upgrades you may or may not need. If your PC is lacking on a type of hardware then Vista will not allow for specific task that demand the hardware.

On the contrary I enjoy running Vista for every light duty demands. However I always find myself going back to XP when gamming, programming and other things that require me to be fast and fluent on the PC.
Well.... my Vista is quite fast. Twice as faster as my XP and runs game smoothly and no or little lags online. :wink:
I got a:
---------------------------------------------------------
Dual Core 64bit processor. Each process at 3.4ghz.
I believe a Intel Pentium D Processor 935
250gig SATA 2 Harddrive.
Dual Channel 1024mb DDR2 RAM
---------------------------------------------------

And a few other things. Everything i have on this box is twice the one i had for XP so it runs smooth. I have grown to actually like Vista rather then XP. Plus, it has a freakin awesome GUI. 8)

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Yes, I also like Vista, don’t get me wrong. I find it is slower than XP on my computer though. I notice it mostly when I play hyper intensive games on line notably when I get graphics lag. My internet speed is non op-system dependant. As a side note: don’t be fooled and think that Vista is a true 64 bit op-system yet. It will take a few years before it will be a complete 64 bit op-system. The 64bit processor you have is not going to be fully put to work yet. Considering XP was the first Microsoft, true 32 bit op-system. We all know that 32 bit processors have been around since the 80’s. That took some great time to get a true 32 it op-system.

I will agree with you that Vista is a nice eye catcher load with sweet features, but I lean towards a less graphic environment with more performance. If I only had more patients for Linux I would toss Microsoft away and embrace a PC running on all its pistons.

Please note I am not arguing with intent on slamming your PC or op-system. I am simply chewing the fat with you. Sort of like people in a bar talking about there tricked out cars; what they like and dislike.

Currently I am running 3 op-systems and XP is always the one I boot first, Vista and Linux are last the others.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ