Want to free stuff up Plus acess hidden stuff

Problems? Post here...
Oppconsulting
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Want to free stuff up Plus acess hidden stuff

Post by Oppconsulting »

Well here is whats going on in windows Xp that most dont know and it wont show you there are hidden directorys up the wazoo and some that evan if you tell it to show all it still wont show you!!

And it hides stuff and data in these folders and hogs space
so what can you do well you run a self booting operating system disk IE
Bart PE I personally prefer and use winternals 2005 it evan fixes windows errors and can access the windows restore registry and lots more witch makes it better than Bart and easier but anyway thats the way

Now you use one of the explorers from those programs and browse your hard drives like I have 2 200 gig or so partitioned so they show up etc and there folders and what else now shows up on my non primary key word not my C: drive is the hidden system whatever its called I forget and a recycle bin the system one has all my now turned off sys restore crap I dont run restore on anything but C: drive and all your extra drives will hae this restore junk on it and can be deleted you would be surprised how much it might be takeing along with the rcy bin crap that windows keeps telling the recy is empty on all drives bullcrap look with this see the leftover spycrap and delete it it frees somtimes lil sometimes allot

These are both shaded folders all sys etc on winternals show up shaded to warn you but as long as its not c: drive its safe and evan c: drive can have the recy done and some of the restore points deleted just look at them you can browse them

Also another tip Restore dont work half the time and if you dont have winternals 2005 to access the restore point when windows crashes to a point it wont evan boot to safe mode your screwed

BUT one winternals 2005 will restore and fix broken windows

There is also what I do sometimes when I am smart to mine and all the time to my customers its called Norton Ghost DVD backup and you run it from Dos I only use version 2003 its the one that is most stable give the best boot disks etc but you boot with a ghost boot disk and go through a backup process I can walk anyone who wants it through and you now have depending on your drive size a 4 or so DVD disk set backup that boots in emergancy or you stick ghost boot disk in and run dvd set and now pc is back to excatly the way you left off when you backed it up thats why you need to back up weekly monthly or so when changes and why I dont worry that often about my security I havent done it lately like I should but useally I do then I just restore no mess no problems like nothing ever happend want more or more how to just ask but most of you probibly already know all of this later
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

so what do those "extremely" hidden files contain? anything useful?
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

No it just you rcy Recycle Bin there I copied it from the desktop since i suck a spelling sorry about the confusion guys so no nothing really that mayjor most of whats in the Recycle Bin is hidden and not delete able from windows I think it to spy for gov microsoft etc so they can see whats been deleted and been going on I have also found tracking logs in those folders all deleted and windows starts back up fine I dont useally mess with C: drive too much though because it might do some damage but c: drives Recycle Bin hidden stuff I have deleted and it still boots up fine no errors I just very highly recomend doing a ghost restore set then no matter what you can undo it and the system restore files and folder witch if on your extra drives your not useing restore you can delete the whole folder

You can also clean up the registry and get rid of boot up errors like such and such.exe not found error boxes just go to run regedit the edit menu and then find and type in anything anyprogram etc it gets rid of the clutter in the registry dont ever use or trust a registry clean or any of that type of program non work all made by 3rd parties who dont know or have interest in registry do it yourself I have for over last however many versions of windows and no problems yet all reg programs and forums for them look at the problems hmm 8O the only program I have learned to trust to mess with my reg and found very good is Your Uninstaller! 2006 that uninstalls the program then searches for leftovers on harddrive and registry very nice any way have fun eaither like it its usefull or im just talking way to much :roll:
― John Lennon
― John Lennon

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Disk Forensics

Post by DNR »

I have used Disk Forensics tools like Encase. Opps talking about nfo left behind that can be recovered to track the computer user's activities. The recycle bin just deletes the 'location' of where the file is on the harddrive - this tells the computer that it can use that 'location'. Until the computer actually writes data to that location - the old file is still there and can be recovered. You have heard of the old windows 'undelete' right?
Also the registry in windows has always been a mess, passwords, user names, program keys, can all be found here. When you uninstall programs, they almost never remove their junk in registry. I suppose this is so the software company can make sure you don't 'reinstall' a free trial/demo software after it expires. Go look for your windows login, the password is there. Too lazy, use Cain.exe :wink:

If the computer user is a real noob, you'll also find history, cookies, and carelessly saved jpgs that can be the ultimate profile of a person...

Crime lab's motto applies to computers too
"Where ever you go, what ever you do, you have left something behind, and taken something with you, This will tell the story."

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

Yea I have heard of encase and others and used quite a few in my work I always clean the reg out after all programs are deleted not just for security and the ability to track me but for the other reason you said DNR it stores passwords keys etc and allot of times you install a program fresh with new key to find its still expired also why I now use uninstaller 2006 dos work for you thers always tracks history etc in windows use windows washer by webroot or CC cleaner to clean up after yourself it may not be 100% but it sure will make life a bitch for anyone who wants to find any history logs especially if you do a DOD wipe of free space once a week like I do with windows washer and other programs lmao have fun guys
― John Lennon
― John Lennon