PROBLEM WITH VISTA GUEST PASSWORD

Problems? Post here...
z4chd1zzl3
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

PROBLEM WITH VISTA GUEST PASSWORD

Post by z4chd1zzl3 »

WELP RECENTLY MY DAD HAS JUST BOUGHT A COMP OFFA SOME GUY ... SO I WENT HOME AND HOOKED IT UP AND THERE IS A GUEST ACCOUNT THERE THAT HAS A PASSWORD AND WILL NOT LET ME DO ALOT OF STUFF ... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON WHAT TO DO WITH THIS ?

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

1. Why would you want to use a guest account in the first place, you really make it sound as if your 'actually' using someone elses or a networked computer somewhere....guest accounts are normally limited to what they can do anyways...

2. get ahold of the guy you got the computer from, its likely he would know the password

3. theres a few different programs out there that will let you reset it, some cost money, others require linux, a simple google search for 'reset vista password' or 'vista guest password reset' will generate results such as the type your looking for....

z4chd1zzl3
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by z4chd1zzl3 »

NO IM NOT TRYING TO GET ON THE GUEST ACCOUNT ... I JUST NEED THE PASSWORD ... THE GUY TOLD ME THE PASSWORD HE SAID IT WOULD WORK FOR BOTH ACCOUNTS ... IT DIDNT ... BUT WHEN IM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING ON THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT I CANT BECAUSE IT KEEPS ASKING FOR THE GUEST PASSWORD

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

your getting asked for a guest password on an administrator account?

if you got the restore software with the computer id say to hell with that install and wipe the disk and do a new clean install, that way you can set all passwords...as from what ive noticed in Vista the admin and guest accounts are disabled by default, so it may be some sort of conflict in Vista...Honestly if i was on the other end of this thread, meaning if I were you, Id roll back to an XP install, they have transformation packs for XP to make it look and feel just like Vista...

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

Stop writing in all caps. Are you new to the internet?

z4chd1zzl3
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by z4chd1zzl3 »

LOL WHAT DONT LIKE IT? lol jk ... yeha im getting asked for a guest password on my admin acc ... i mean i really dont wanna switch back to windows xp if the comp came with vista ya know?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

z4chd1zzl3 wrote:LOL WHAT DONT LIKE IT? lol jk ... yeha im getting asked for a guest password on my admin acc ... i mean i really dont wanna switch back to windows xp if the comp came with vista ya know?

So...you are saying that you want to keep Vista? =|

That's...nasty ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

if you using the admin account why dont you just disable the guest account entirely

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

My best advice would be download, Ubuntu 7.10 and burn the image to a disk and follow this advice:
1. format C:\
2. Restart machine, and put disk in drive.
3. Boot from disk.
4. Follow instructions on the screen
5. Enjoy

If you follow that, you will have a great install of a fabulous operating system on your box - and be limited to very few issues.

-Enjoy.

As per Vista - I haven't dabbled much with the shit, thus I cannot offer any further advice .

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

vista eeeeww barf barf barf

um ok now thats out of the way if your crazy enough to keep vista download hirens boot cd or other dozens of boot cds that will break all the account passwords but after a week or two of crapsta o I mean vista you will be back begging for instrutions on how to get it the hell off the machine

Fdisk/mbr two times then Fdisk and delete all partitions then format then run windows xp professional