DELL HELP!

Problems? Post here...
z4chd1zzl3
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

DELL HELP!

Post by z4chd1zzl3 »

welp i got another 1 lol ... accidently downloaded a virus in a file for my buddies comp... and like 20 mins later i had alot of security alerts talking about trojan horses and such ... so i heard from a friend he said "just run a virus scan remove them then maybe system restore" done it now i cant log on my comp unless im in safe mode ... cant reinstall windows because of a roxio program that i have on there ... so what else is there to do ?

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

start>run>msconfig>services>hide all microsoft sErvices disabe things like backup.bat
also check start up .be carefull.if u dunno wat it is don't touch it. also sys ini

z4chd1zzl3
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by z4chd1zzl3 »

but would i be able to do that in safe mode?

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

use and update first
1)adaware
2)spybot search and destroy
3)run a virus check

Access the Device Manager, and uninstall the video adapter driver, then restart and see if it will boot into Windows. The picture will be pixalated once you reboot but then reinstall the driver. Download the updated driver first if you can. You may have to install in safe mode then reboot again. Please let me know if this works and saves you about 5 hrs of messing with the registry just yet.

here is a link to some drivers and updates

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... =en&os=228

cheers

thuggy :wink:

z4chd1zzl3
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by z4chd1zzl3 »

tbh i want a way to get that roxio go back program off so i can just reinstall windows lol ... i will try these tho

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

If you want your data backed up put the hard drive in another PC thats a crap pc or can withstand a infection and eaither just copy all files off it or try to fix the drive by reading my post in the tutorials section on scaning it while its out of the machine next now that your data is completly backed up put the hard disk back into the original PC it came from and Run a windows 98 boot disk if you dont have one they are everywhere on the net and from that floppy run FDISK \ mbr exactly that way 2 times or so then run FDISK and delete all partitions then run FDISK again and as long as its not over 80gigs or so make a partition and exit fdisk and reboot with the disk still in then from the prompt type in Format C: /u and after all that crap is done then just stick in xp and let it run and delete the patition you made yes it will undo all that work we just did but the point was we compleatly cleaned the drive up unlike xp install

so just ask and I will walk you through it or if I missed something