[solved]broken rar file and deleted usb pen

Problems? Post here...
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

[solved]broken rar file and deleted usb pen

Post by computathug »

k guys i really need some help here. today i used winrar to back all my files up and put them on disk and then formatted my pc. normally i send them to another pc for backup as well but was in a rush so left it. when i came to put everything back on all was well till it came to my pictures. I was able to unrar the file so far and it has let me get my pics from the dominican but not the pics from my se asia travels as it says its broken. Is there anyone here that can help me recover these files before i smash all my computers up to bits. any help appreciated.....i just cant concentrate on nothing at the moment :cry:
Last edited by computathug on 22 Mar 2008, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

rar-repair tool, backup the broken one before you play with it

http://www.rar-repair-tool.com/

This one is not free for full version, PM me on MSN for "another" version
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

i used the tool (thanks to cats) and recovered one set of pics but these also were from my previous holiday. for some reason the latest photos didnt even get compressed to the folder so what i have done is to use 'data recovery doctor for pen drives'. Now the files have been recovered from the deleted pen drive but it is only showing how big the file is and the image for windows picure viewer. When i check the movies I only get the sound also and no picture. Is there anything that will let me recover the files as so i can view them again or have they gone forever. Was up all night trying to find a way round this ie using raw viewer etc but all to no avail. Thanks for ya help cats.

There must be a way of doing this and i refuse to put anything on the pendrive at all till all is accomplished.

cheers guys

thuggy

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

what file system has the pen drive? NTFS or FAT?
if it's NTFS get Get Data Back for NTFS from the downloads, make sure to enable the rescue for "lost files" too in the options.
in case it's FAT let me know, there is a tool from the same manufacturer, I will just have to "look for it"... :-99

and don't worry, I used that tool already a couple of times, it works real good, especially for images and video files...only .txt files are not well recovered.... :wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

cheers b_b, its a 1GB Lexer usb pen using fat32. I appreciate this guys im trying alsorts. Most are finding the files but as i put earler, not able to read them. its jpeg files and avi files that are on there. What i did was put all my pics on there off the memory card and gave my camcorder away in bali to a nice family i met there. I gave them my phone, my trainers and some other clothes that i had before i came back. These are all replacable but the pictures arent if i cant get them back. Hope the good karma returns soon :))

cheers guys

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

thuggy, check PM... :wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

thanks b_b, il give it a whirl right now and post the results :D :cry:

*edit*

yes yes yes ooooooohhhhhhhh baby, whoooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

and a big shout out to mr b_b for making it 3rd time lucky hahahha

sorry guys im just so happy at the moment

zippadee doodah zippadee day :lol:

cheers guys :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, there is a reason why they call me the happy-go-lucky-man...but well, usually females call me that... :lol:

I'm glad it worked... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Thought it was the yatta-man! xD
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

do at least one good dead a day....to cancel all the bad 1's

Post by computathug »

cats wrote:Thought it was the yatta-man! xD
me too and to top it all off i have managed to get the videos working again by downloading the codecs from samsung (cam type) and all is good again. I believe the good karma is smiling down on me. :lol:

*And its weekend and tonight i feel weak :D *

theres some addictions we are just not meant to fight :twisted:

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

bad_brain wrote:well, there is a reason why they call me the happy-go-lucky-man...but well, usually females call me that... :lol:

I'm glad it worked... :wink:

I thought they called you chewbacca? Lol, jk...

Congrats thugg, i went through something similar recently so i know how it feels.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...