For over 3 years I have ran Vista. My words…

Problems? Post here...
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I have tested a total of 3 versions, Home, Ultimate and I was a beta tester for Microsoft for over a year before it was released to the general public. I can assure you with great serenity that I am confident it’s a historical Flop! At first glance it is appealing to the eye and probably the average user will never know the dreaded flaws that are imbedded in the system. If it were a toaster however, I would demand a full refund.

My computer is a better than average system, and regularly I insist on pushing it towards the limit. This is when Vista reminds me of its lack of stability something that an average user my not notice. I receive at least 5 blue screens weekly and have to force a reboot. Note that I do have the most recent installed drivers and all my hardware is marked Vista compatible (or is it Vista certified)? Nevertheless I was patient and waited for service pack 1 only to find out that it made things worse.

In closing I am admitting that I purchased Vista, for professional and private reasons, only to toss it in the shitter. I am in the process of transferring all my data over to a Linux system and in efforts to Fuck Microsoft back I will continue cracking and hacking any new operating systems that are released in the future by Microsoft. Unless Microsoft wishes to give me a full refund, or until I feel that I have done my part in taking what’s mine back.

Just my 2 cents based on a full no prejudice trial of Vista
:twisted:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

one more satisfied customer... :lol:

the biggest error MS made (imo) with Vista was caused by greed. instead of spending a decent time with testing before the release they put on their "KA-CHING!"-glasses and released an OS that was just about 80-90% finished....just because christmas time was coming up. ok, they surely made a lot of initial cash that way, but it was definitely not worth the following trouble the users experienced. all that problems caused by the too short testing time gave Vista a real bad name, together with the non-existing improvements compared to XP (nope, 3D desktop is NOT an improvement), the bad hardware- and software support (also caused by the too short testing time, 3rd party developers also had no time) it made the sales drop in a catastrophic way.
and I think MS surely knows too that Vista is a complete failure, for me it seems they kinda gave up on Vista and began to focus on Windows 7 a few months after the Vista release already instead of putting much more money into Vista development.

personally I never installed it, me and a buddy set it up on his spare computer only to looked around a bit....the conclusion was: "um, where's the beef?"...so I've seen no reason to ever use it.

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

Yeah i had a feeling it would suck, thats why i never bothered to install it even though I have a clean copy. I prefer XP over vista. Or actully a dual boot of XP and Ubuntu right now, since i am trying to learn more about linux
but like alot of the MS apps

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

greed, i agree to that. For that amount of money, they released such a disgracful piece of work, that no one could be its shitness ( you never know, MS might beat is some other day).
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

yeah,xp is best,almost 1337 ;)
vista sucks,and i noticed the more u upgrade,the problems you will have

i had home basic and only had problems with the wireless and program crashes,when i got home premium with another new laptop,i had problems with my wireless cards 90% of the times,the pc didnt run games very well,and simply vista also was buggy for online activity,and hard to use,safe mode didnt work wel with it iether,so yeah,dont get it,it looks nice but its all useless,its like dog shit coated in candy

it looks good till u get a taste of it :lol:

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have tested Vista on my sisters laptop. Most of the time it worked for me...well until I saved a file and I got some thing with a .wps at the end of it.

That was the beginning of my nightmare. The thing is that vista has some wired program for writing documents and I was not aware of that. I just went on and started writing and so forth. Than I transfered the document to my computer and realized that it was...wps. I even wrote a blog entry about this.

Why can not we stick to .doc. Simple and easy would not you think so. Even the new Word saves files in some thing called .docx. You have to be careful and pay attention to how you save a file because later on you are going to have problems.

Now aside from that Vista did not seem that bad to me but after going through hell because of that document I rather not even look at vista any more. Besides that I install on the computers that I want to run windows on XP.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

the MS concept to self-repairing OS

Post by DNR »

I think MS released Vista to the public and expected to fix issues as they were submitted by the OS reporting back to MS servers. MS's had the idea that all the computer desktops would communicate back to MS servers and they would process updates to fix the issues. The concept was to have the computers 'self-repair' themselves, they report to MS the issue, and MS eventually sends the fix back, auto-update enabled - presto!
Not only is that akin to trying to drink a sip of water from a firehose, but I think they over estimated their ability to 'self-repair' every desktop issue that could come up - CPU, mobo, agps, devices, and any other software you might want to run. Instead of providing individualized repair to each desktop - they got stuck releasing 'general' patches - a fix, but not quite the exact fix..

I still use XPsp2, I have used every MS product since MS-dos. I am a firm believer that any OS you decide to use, if administered properly is a good OS. A fucked up nux install is worst than a fresh MS install.

Linux open source worked because the hacking public got to create the fixes they encountered on their systems. It was the exposure of the source code that allowed people to empower themselves, people did not have to fear legal lawsuits over copyright.
Because MS wants to secure its OS from its users, they have to rely on a 'one-way' method of dealing with problems - nfo comes in, nothing goes out. MS is still using a covert blackbox/spyware tact to detect the problems, they rely on the desktops to report issues back to MS. MS then decides how to fix the issues, based on how many people have the same issue, and estimating what kind of devices, CPU, agp's, software the 'common' user might have - they put out a 'general fix'. Since they won't let you view the source code of Vista - you are at their mercy to fix the problem. The problem is also likely compounded by users blocking desktops from talking back to MS with third party firewalls. Some users might be fixing the problems on their own, and just not telling MS about it.

This is why I always waited a year or two before switching to MS upgrades, I give them time to fix the issues. Don't buy the product until it is ready, Vista just needs a year or two and it will be a great product then! :lol:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Vista Home Premium 32bit(so I can't use my 4GBs or ram....) was preinstalled when I bought my laptop, I haven't had too much problems with it, the only thing I've noticed is that if I'm (for instance) downloading a file in Firefox and then goes to watch files in the folder it's being saved to, the file explorer hangs... it doesn't always happen, but it's extremely annoying since I'm too lazy to move my downloads away from that folder ;)

oh, and IE crashes when I visit hotmail...lol. The update system is extremely irritating, it can download an update over night, install it partly and when I wake up the next morning my downloads have been canceled(when not using a download manager nor BT) and I find myself at the Ubuntu login screen...

Other than that it's just the slow startup time, terrible sleeping mode (will it really wake up?) , lame GUI, bad admin-confirmation boxes (often get it twice when doing one action and sometimes it still doesn't work) and the lack of a proper network taskbar icon (like the one in XP) which makes me prefer Ubuntu :roll:

I wonder how long my list of faults will be in 3 years...

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

err... vista works fine for me.. though it takes longer than xp or linux to boot and shutdown, but it is hardly an issue for me, as i seldom shutdown,

You guys probably expected a lot from vista than it had to offer, i just upgraded simply because i liked the interface, i never let my OS secure me, i always secure my OS. I did fine-tune the system with lots of useless crap turned off.. now even with windows aero theme, it takes same amount of ram as XP did, and its not slow, and works like xp,
probably i dont torture my system enough, but i do play light 3d games.
So i have no complaints, floodhound.. and ofcourse i "bought" it... so i dont want my money back either. :P

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Pseudo
Sounds like your running ultimate. I think it crashes less than home or O.E.M for system builder? Anyways my Vista home system crashes more than a teenager after a bottle of scotch.

Let me tell some others out there that if the chose is between vista and another op-system don't get Vista. I am strongly warning you that Vista sucks. I am a slight Microsoft nerd and this shit has got my arms up in the air wondering why I got took for $85. Take my advise and I wont take you for $85.

Linux is being kind to me. Soon as I get this dam wireless card running on my computer Ill toss Windows completely.

My words...

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

windows 7 was leaked onto utorrent,do ur searching and ull be able to get it ;)