Windows fails again [solved]

Problems? Post here...
Macross
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Windows fails again [solved]

Post by Macross »

Well atm im realy pissed off! You may think why? Well windows is the reason. One day i tryed to start my pc and saw this error c:\windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt. Then i though oh well its been long time since windows was reinstalled i will do it right now. i have reinstaled windows instaled drivers, software etc.. after three days i start my pc and guess what? same error again... Well then i looked at microsoft register hives restoration tutorial did everything they told to. Windows runned, everything seemed to be back to normal. Until next day... again same error. I am tired of reinstaling/repairing register hives... any ideas what could i try? And why everytime is the same register file :/ Never encountered this problem until now...

PC spec: proccesor amd athlon 2ghz, ram 1gb, video card nvidia 6660gt, WesternDigital hard drive. ( Don't dare to laugh at my pc, i know its a monster :) )

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I found different problems that might be the reason, a lot of people with that problem said it was caused by either a faulty RAM module or by wrong BIOS settings for the RAM. so make sure the BIOS settings are fine for the RAMs you are using, like frequency, timing, voltage, etc.
if all settings are ok and it still don't work try booting with only 1 RAM module, if the error remains try the next one.

:-k

Macross

Post by Macross »

Thanks bad_brain i will check it out.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

When you reinstalled it are you reinstalling from a back up, or ghost image?

or fresh format, from original windows disc? what version of windows? xp?

so after you reinstalled windows it worked perfect for one day then the next day you got the same error? did you keep your pc powered on over night while you were sleeping? or install any programs besides the ones included by factory on the cd that night?

what register file is giving you the error? or which system file, since it seems to be a error derived from the win config\system directory.. can you post a screen shot of the error?
Gone

Macross

Post by Macross »

Still_Learning wrote:When you reinstalled it are you reinstalling from a back up, or ghost image?

or fresh format, from original windows disc? what version of windows? xp?

so after you reinstalled windows it worked perfect for one day then the next day you got the same error? did you keep your pc powered on over night while you were sleeping? or install any programs besides the ones included by factory on the cd that night?

what register file is giving you the error? or which system file, since it seems to be a error derived from the win config\system directory.. can you post a screen shot of the error?
Sorry for late replay, but for now winows works ok. I don't realy know what was wrong, but for god sake i hope it will now stay this way :D if i will have any problems with the same error i will let you know in this post.