Netstat

Problems? Post here...
Zaimati

Netstat

Post by Zaimati »

Hi, do someone know what is a problem in my netstat. When I go to netstat It always show me about 15 times same site. I am not on that site and after restart computer site is still there in my netstat.
Thanks.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Me thinks you has ze virus : D

Scanned your computer for virus lately? : )

tbh that sounds a tee wee bit like conficker, but there are loads of others that does the same, so doesn't have to be. But update your Anti Virus and or Anti Spyware, and have a look : )

oh, and before you scan, unplug the network cable
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Zaimati

Post by Zaimati »

OK Thanks :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

can you check to what site it connects? it don't have to be a virus or something like that (ok, but it is very likely), it could also be some "updaters" like for Java or Adobe.... :-k

but well, best do what cats said and to a full system scan first, then we will see... :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

yep - 15 instances of the same IP is not common.

I would like a screen shot - checking the IP could be very helpful - so do a whois on the IP.

If it is a bunch of M$ updaters, browser toolbar helpers, shitty ISP etc - a virus/trojan scan will turn up nothing.

Come back.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Well you may as others have said, could a variety of possibilities so the best would be to run through them and try to narrow it down. Run a good virus scanner and follow as cats said and disconnect from the internet. This will contain the virus within your network for the time being. I recommend using a 30 trial version with either nod32 or kaspersky. Make sure if you have let it download the updates too. If its still there download CCleaner or if you are already familiar with msconfig first check to see what options you can disable. If not then use CCleaner. Its a free program and has it other uses too. With CCleaner, you will find the start up registry in Tools/Startup.

If you are unfamiliar with the registry post a screen shot here and we can take a look at them. You can also go through programs and if you see any toolbars or unknown spyware programs that have downloaded. You should use spybot search and destroy as well to check for other added malware, adware etc.

You should also check for rootkits with a good scanner, there maybe some in the download section.

An ip would be good so we can see what info we can get but also dont forget to provide a screen shot and some info. The staff here wont take kindly to be just given a random ip of which could be just someone you have a discrepancy with and then letting us dig up the dirt for you. Call me paranoid but please take into my consideration in the amount of posts and time you have committed to the site.

Its just the way things work around here so please dont take that personal but you have also been offered enough help on what to do so far if you are not prepared to provide any screen shots etc as evidence and i hope you can find the object of your problem as soon as possible.

Good luck and welcome to suck-o and I hope you find us helpful. Stick around, read older posts and if you have any problems then feel free to start a post off in the correct section of the forum and dont revive older ones. Read the rules and introduce yourself and im sure you will find suck-o can help with a multitude of topics. :wink:

As a end note i would also like to say this not only for your benefit but for other new members too, that no question is a dumb question and the only dumb question is the one not asked......There again we do have certain limitations which you are feel free to browse examples of in the Hall of Lame which can find on the homepage :lol:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com