W7 RC: cannot access C: root drive

Problems? Post here...
Grombo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

W7 RC: cannot access C: root drive

Post by Grombo »

im running windows 7, and all was well and truly fine untill recently. i tried to share my hard drives over the network. The other pc's cant access any of the drives even though i set full control to everyone on the network.
Worst of all, i cant even access my own C: root on my administrator account, or the admin account that is disabled by default.

i can type something like C:\Program Files and browse folders that way, but in no way can i access the root drive, it just pops up with an error saying access denied. same problem when i try to change the sharing settings.

some programs dont work properly, photoshop wont open at all, and my g15 software doesnt retain its settings each time i restart the comp.
[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7766/impracticalskillslw4.gif[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

As you say - the files are still there. I imagine you have a setting to hide it, and or you have two admin accounts and one is real -blocking access to the secondary admin rights. Or because you have a beta OS, you found a flaw, or more - I see the non-working apps, and the failed network a result of bad beta.

If you created your system file directory correctly, all your 'saved' files, music, video, tools, docs would already be saved to another HDD. Try to restore back to a known point, or reinstall if you can't figure it out.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.