virtual machine setup help

Problems? Post here...
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

virtual machine setup help

Post by Kirk »

I would like to setup a virtual machine on my PC and would like someone to walk me through it. Type slowly and use small words. What program should i use? I have windows 7 ultimate on my PC right now and would like to have another virtual copy of windows for when i DL programs.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

It's really not too difficult. A good freeware virtual machine program is Sun VirtualBox. Go ahead and install that, then if you have an ISO file (disc image file) of the operating system that you want to install, then you're ready to go.

The interface is pretty straight-forward, just click on "new". It'll ask you some questions about the os you're going to install, including how much ram you want to allocate and how much hard drive space you want to use. To mount the iso file, right click on the new virtual machine and click on settings. Click on CD/DVD-ROM and check the "mount cd/dvd drive" checkbox and then select "ISO image file". Once you have picked your image file, click ok and then click on "Start" to start your virtual machine.

Use right ctrl key to release your mouse.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

i just downloaded and installed sun virtualbox. installed my windows and its running smoothly. easy to understand. now for some leaning. who has a virus? no.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

You want a virus? There was this skiddie site that i frequented a long time ago... until the programs i downloaded from there completely annihilated my computer...

try

Code: Select all

http://library.2ya.com
Have fun.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...