Windows error

Problems? Post here...
toast
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Windows error

Post by toast »

Hey guys long time no see!
So Ive been getting some issues with my lappy...
C:\DOCUME~1\Kitten\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd28d.dir00\Mini032110-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Kitten\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd28d.dir00\sysdata.xml
With the error code of-
BCCode : 100000c5 BCP1 : 00083D60 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 80544632 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

My boo tried to fix it and uninstalled one of my drivers- now I cant get that updated... I go to the hp website to dl the driver, and it gives me a file error. It could be that, but i was looking into it and was thinking that it could be a conflict of programs. Although, Ive had the same stuff Ive had for ages. I did replace my HD, and I am dual booting... So could that be an issue?
I didnt want to redo my op, but that I wanna keep as a last resort.

Thanks ya'll! <3

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, best would be to analyze the dump file with dumpchk, it's part of the Windows Driver Kit (WDK):
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/WDKpkg.mspx
it should give you detailed info about the problem...but of course it's pretty tricky for beginners that don't have a deeper understanding of the OS.
you should also check the event log for a more detailed error message and post it here...:wink:

are there apps installed that can cause conflicts? like 2 AVs or 2 desktop firewalls?

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Hmm... tricky question with the provided info, have you checked the event logs? I just woke up though, so let's see if i can make it through this with no coffee and avoid making an ass out of myself :D

Code: Select all

Click Start > Run and type: eventvwr

In the right pane, right-click on "Applications", select save log file as,  and save the log to your desktop as app.csv

In the right pane, right-click on "System", select save log file as, and save the log to your desktop as sys.csv

Use Notepad to open each .csv file and search for problems.
It's probably a conflict, maybe some malware... can't rule out hardware overheating either really.

Does your computer boot into safe mode trouble free, or is the same problem there as well?

Have you disabled automatic rebooting on crash so that you can see the stop code?

Code: Select all

Start > Run and type: sysdm.cpl

Go to the Advanced tab and under "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure".

Make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked  and that "Automatically restart" is UNchecked.

Press OK
When the computer crashes, instead of rebooting it will hang with the stop code on the screen...

it's a start, good luck and keep us posted... now I need coffee or my head will implode >.<
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

toast

Post by toast »

Thanks for da reply, I actually fixed it by accident. I reinstalled the drivers and my bios. And now Im not having any issues. :D
Weird though.
Anyway-

Thank ya'll again-
<3 toast