Kon Boot Error. Help needed.

Problems? Post here...
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Kon Boot Error. Help needed.

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I am using Kon Boot and getting "BOOTMGR IS MISSING" error every time I load it.
I am using USB drive to load. I don't find using a CD beneficial for just a few KBs.
I searched about it on Google, but didn't get the right answer. I can discover problem by myself, but I am in a hurry now, and have to go to classes. So, please if you get the answer, post it here. Ill read it later.
Thank you.

I have 8 GB Transcend USB.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

Kitchisaki

Re: Kon Boot Error. Help needed.

Post by Kitchisaki »

Perhaps the disk img is corrupted ,did you check the md5 checksum after you downloaded it (Why are you using konboot ? why not use Hirens boot disk img and confige to boot off flash) BOOTMGR ,dosen't that stand for the boot sector in the img file.
Last edited by Kitchisaki on 31 Jul 2010, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
Th3 only wh1t3 cat that has black str1p3s

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Kon Boot Error. Help needed.

Post by bad_brain »

hm, there's an error with the boot sector, maybe there is none at all? making an USB stick bootable is not THAT simple....the easiest way is to use the "HP Drive Key Boot Utility", it should work for pretty any USB stick (not just HP ones):
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... R1002_USEN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here are instructions to do it manually if needed:
http://www.weethet.nl/english/hardware_ ... bstick.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink: