oops

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

oops

Post by lonewolf »

Floodhound

I have a Simpson 260 analogue meter. I have been playing with a power supply that averages about 400vac. I managed to add a high freq arc circuit to the supply. My Fluke 87 faults then restarts when I hit the high freq so I used my old analogue 260. Voltage wise I was well with in the 1000vac scale however when I hit the high freq the meter failed but the bad fluorescent lights close to the supply lit up. What did I miss the meter was close to the supply but not connected to it and yet does not work. What in the electronics of the meter would not like the high freq of the power supply?

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Re: oops

Post by floodhound2 »

Okay a few questions -
I have been playing with a power supply that averages about 400vac.
1st.
Is this true? What type of power supply is it for. To me a 400 Volt AC supply seems a bit odd - perhaps its for analog tube circuits or a fluorescent lights?

2nd.
I managed to add a high freq arc circuit to the supply.
Why and how did you go about this? You dont have to answer, but I am courious.

3rd.
If I understand you correctly, you think you may have messed up your meter because of too much frequency?

Frequency should not hurt the meter but Voltage and especially Current could. If I remember correctly the Simpson 260 has a fuse located inside, on the bottom right side corner. Check it and see if it is blown.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ