Bought new laptop

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Bought new laptop

Post by ayu »

So I finally pulled my thumb out of my ass and took some pictures of my new laptop to show you guys :)

This is the one I bought, an Asus UX31A

Code: Select all

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX31A/
It's really great so far.
Very good specs, fast as hell, and works with everything I need it for.
The ONLY thing I don't like, is the touchpad.
It has one of those touchpad where the pad and the two buttons are the same, so when I try to right click,
it will move the mouse a few pixels at the same time, making me miss what I was clicking, wasting my time.
So I recommend to mostly use a mouse with this one, although the touchpad can be used of course,
and I will probably get used to how it works.
But I think I would have liked normal buttons more.

"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Bought new laptop

Post by bad_brain »

sweet....amazing how thin it is, especially the screen... :o

for more than browsing and multimedia fun a lappy is definitely better than a tablet, even if I hate notebook keyboards they are still better than a touchscreen because they at least give a bit of a feedback..

and yeah, touchpads are another thing (besides the flat keyboards) I will most likely never get used to, especially when the far right area also works as scroll zone....one buck for every time I accidentally switched the workspace by accident already and I would drive a Ferrari... :lol:

cool stickers btw... :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:sweet....amazing how thin it is, especially the screen... :o
Yeah! :D That and the slickness was part of the reason I got it :)
bad_brain wrote: and yeah, touchpads are another thing (besides the flat keyboards) I will most likely never get used to, especially when the far right area also works as scroll zone....one buck for every time I accidentally switched the workspace by accident already and I would drive a Ferrari... :lol:
Yeah tell me about it .... >_<
Or when you're writing something and accidentally touch the pad a bit, and the thing you are writing ends up somewhere it shouldn't.

bad_brain wrote: cool stickers btw... :lol:
Thanks! xD
I saved them from my old work laptop ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

you'll get used to the keyboard and pad quickly. The main issue I had at first was the cuff of a sleeve resting on the pad causing the mouse to act erratically. The narrow keyboard is different - but its a style. The other thing to watch for as a new lappie owner - they do not belong in your lap - the fan might be blowing back there and will heat your balls up to about 140 degrees F. :lol:

You should have ports for RJ45, HDMI, USB, and microdisks.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

laptops - nature's contraceptive... :lol:

but yeah, you can get used to anything I guess...in my case it's just harder than usual, as thuggy already mentioned, when you have heard my typing style you know why... :lol:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Nice cats!

:D

I have never been able to do the laptop thing with out attaching a keyboard and mouse to it... But that kind of defeats the purpose hehe.

I prefer the tablet touch screen typing personally.. Unless you can disable the trackpad. :-) Then it would work well for me :-)