My LTC and Hash cracking rig

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
ayu
Staff
Staff

My LTC and Hash cracking rig

Post by ayu »

So, I finally started building it.

It has space for up to 7 graphic cards, and I have ordered 3 raiser cables and 1 ATI Radeon HD7950 card.
Currently the machine has 2xHD7950, and i3 processor and 2 GB of RAM.
The sole purpose of this machine is to crack hashes, and mine Litecoins when it doesn't have any hashes to crack.
As you can see I haven't fixed a proper case yet, so this bread box will have to do for now ^^

"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: My LTC and Hash cracking rig

Post by bad_brain »

at least you have a nice air flow that way... :lol:

what board is that? :-k

btw, I have a spare HD4850 dual-slot with heatpipe cooler lying around here, in case you want it (for free) let me know...;)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:at least you have a nice air flow that way... :lol:

what board is that? :-k

btw, I have a spare HD4850 dual-slot with heatpipe cooler lying around here, in case you want it (for free) let me know...;)
The board is

Code: Select all

http://www.komplett.se/msi-z77a-gd65-socket-1155/743926
And thanks for the offer! :D
But I will pass this time, as I don't want to use anything under HD7950 for mining :)

scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by scatter »

that s really cool, well I do not have a server and can't even afford one but I read alot about making a password cracking server and this is the best article I read

http://blog.opensecurityresearch.com/20 ... erver.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by the way the rest of the posts in the blog are awesome because they r not only theories but they r real life experiences :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

@cats
you're welcome! and yeah, the 4850 is of course not the first choice for a mining rig, I just thought "in case you have a free slot you want to fill by all means"... :lol:
for gaming it's still a pretty decent card though.

@scatter
nice link, even if I, as silence fetishist, always shiver when I see that many g-cards in a system... :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:@cats
you're welcome! and yeah, the 4850 is of course not the first choice for a mining rig, I just thought "in case you have a free slot you want to fill by all means"... :lol:
for gaming it's still a pretty decent card though.
It means a lot to me to just get the offer though, so thanks a lot :D
bad_brain wrote: @scatter
nice link, even if I, as silence fetishist, always shiver when I see that many g-cards in a system... :lol:
I should record the noise level on our balcony where all my servers are xD ... it's horrible

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

cats wrote:I should record the noise level on our balcony where all my servers are xD ... it's horrible
please do! :lol:

my problem is, even if it might sound silly, that my ears are trained too much. in the years when I was into high end audio I spent hours with listening to the finest nuances through a very good headphone....once I spent a whole night for example with soldering different kinds of capacitors into a power filter I had built for the CD player to find out which ones sound the best. this was NOT a component of the audio circuit, it was one of the power supply....<weirdo emoticon here>
such "training" is good on one side because it's fun to be able to find and focus on a single instrument in a whole orchestra for example, but it also made me very sensitive to noise which doesn't belong there. one case fan I had for example was super-silent and also super-fancy looking, but after a couple of hours it always began to made tiny tiny click noises which drove me berserk. same for my bike: if just one chain link isn't running smoothly the tiny noise it makes when it runs over the jockey wheels is already enough to piss me off really bad and can ruin a whole ride... :roll:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Very awesome cats! I am thinking of an idea atm. Will let you know if it pans out. It is coding time. To the code cave!

Thanatos
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Thanatos »

great rigs and servers... btw with that Pw-cracking server, how long it will take to crack some hashes? just interesting.:D

about too many graphic cards yeah something comes into my mind, i am a gamer too so i love high graphics

excuse me for that image :oops:

P.S: remove attached image if i violate some of our rules
Attachments
fuck-3d_o_269924.jpg
fuck-3d_o_269924.jpg (74 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Came back for boobs. ++Thanatos.

I just got the new rig working with oclHashcat yesterday and started cracking some hashes I had laying around.
It's now cracking away at ~9000 Mh/s per card on MD5 hashes (Will add at least one more card by the end of this month).

Thanatos
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Thanatos »

cats wrote:Came back for boobs. ++Thanatos.

I just got the new rig working with oclHashcat yesterday and started cracking some hashes I had laying around.
It's now cracking away at ~9000 Mh/s per card on MD5 hashes (Will add at least one more card by the end of this month).

cant imagine how fast it is *evil laugh* :twisted:
thanks now that i have my idea on building my own server :D
(Exp.Up gained!!!)

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

That is a sweet rig Cats! I've got to agree with b_b though, noise is the enemy of a calm and peaceful surrounding :D
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

did you test some wpa-psk's ?
Last edited by l0ngb1t on 30 Apr 2014, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

l0ngb1t wrote:did you test some wps-psk's ?
Nope!
At the moment It's cracking away at some PHPASS hashes (bcrypt)