Un-formattable space on ssd

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
reparto_temp
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Un-formattable space on ssd

Post by reparto_temp »

Sold a 120GB ssd, formatted it completely and deleted all the partitions, buyer claims he can only access 34GB of the disc. From what I understand, if there is no partition then the disc should not show up at all in windows without creating a partition and there is no way 2/3 of the nand flash will fail whilst leaving the drive operable.

I have enough evidence to take this to the police if there is wrongdoing BUT i have a feeling that the guy that bought the drive doesn't know how to set up partitions...

Any thoughts?

scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Un-formattable space on ssd

Post by scatter »

nope it shows up even if there are no partitions and that's normal the fact he found only 34 Gb and that's not a fail he will need to use diskpart command on cmd to fix that , I had this prob many times before

Follow this short paper and the prob will be fixed right away
http://www.supertalent.com/datasheets/R ... art-V1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and btw this is not his mistake :p its yours coz u r the one who formatted all partitions :)

reparto_temp
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by reparto_temp »

i guess its my fault, but i dont care as long as it can be fixed.

Thanks for that, I will send you an invisible unicorn sometime next week (seriously, I will actually do it if you give me an address... :P)

cwdykarn
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by cwdykarn »

what file system did you format it to? Fat and fat32 dont play nice with larger disks hence the issue with only showing a limited space. so make sure the drive is formated to ntfs

scatter

Post by scatter »

reparto_temp wrote:i guess its my fault, but i dont care as long as it can be fixed.

Thanks for that, I will send you an invisible unicorn sometime next week (seriously, I will actually do it if you give me an address... :P)

you welcome ;)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

scatter wrote:use diskpart command on cmd
I know the issue is kinda solved already, but I take the opportunity to hint at the nifty diskmgmt.msc tool which is a Windows onboard one (simply start->run-diskmgmt.msc).... :wink: