EMP

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

EMP

Post by Broken Angel »

I was curious and want to know on how to make an EMP... Any leads for the same???

Also I want to have fun with it so a hand held device would be awesome... Also I have no Electronics and Hardware experience what so ever... and very obviously it's for making people around me irritated and well piss them off to the core...

Also I'm sure it's not illegal in my place to have a thing like that on me... so... Any help would be appreciated... I also have gone through Google about it and all I could find was BS....

*thumb*
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: EMP

Post by lilrofl »

Electromagnetic fields are created anytime you run electricity through a conductor, like copper wire for instance; so more or less EMP's are made with a power source, a capacitor and a conductive coil.

If you took a strobe light from walmart and replaced the light bulb with a similar resistance copper coil you would have an EMP device... albeit not a very powerful one.

If you wanted to make a larger one, you would need more juice... I'd probably look into the capacitors used in car audio.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

You might call me from a 3rd world country but we don't have a Walmart at our place (Entire Country) I am talking about... Also I just want to have fun with it... and well might try to damage small things like a cell phone...

Also I wanted to know if the thing is powerful enough will it fry the Phone altogether??? What are the effects of it on say a Phone (Keeping in mind that the thing is actually powerful enough to take it out)....
If you wanted to make a larger one, you would need more juice... I'd probably look into the capacitors used in car audio.
Me loves... \:D/ *thumb* *thumb*

-Broken Angel

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

It fries the thing right?? So you've got to get a new thing like if it fries a Watch you'll have to get a new watch then???
:evil:

-Broken Angel

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Broken Angel wrote:It fries the thing right?? So you've got to get a new thing like if it fries a Watch you'll have to get a new watch then???
I'm not really sure what 'it' and 'the thing' are, but I'll try to sort through this.

EMP's induce an electrical charge in circuitry.

If the induced electrical charge is strong enough to overwhelm the circuits ability to handle it, then that circuit will fry.

Circuits that are not turned on at the time of EMP will still be fried, given the conditions mentioned above.

A wind-up analogue watch will not be affected by EMP, this one seems like a no-brainer, but you mentioned watch and I wanted to be specific.

If a circuit is fried by an EMP, then it will never function again.

I think that covers the lot of it :)
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

lilrofl wrote:
Broken Angel wrote:It fries the thing right?? So you've got to get a new thing like if it fries a Watch you'll have to get a new watch then???
I'm not really sure what 'it' and 'the thing' are, but I'll try to sort through this.

EMP's induce an electrical charge in circuitry.

If the induced electrical charge is strong enough to overwhelm the circuits ability to handle it, then that circuit will fry.

Circuits that are not turned on at the time of EMP will still be fried, given the conditions mentioned above.

A wind-up analogue watch will not be affected by EMP, this one seems like a no-brainer, but you mentioned watch and I wanted to be specific.

If a circuit is fried by an EMP, then it will never function again.

I think that covers the lot of it :)

It sure does cover all of it... Yay... Fans for explaining it to me :)

-Broken Angel

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

http://it.slashdot.org/story/15/02/08/0 ... and-reboot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thunder storms are EMP - they don't have to hit your house, but nearby to fry some electronics.

EMP weapons use explosives to quickly generate a pulse - http://active-duty.com/MI_FCG_FluxCompr ... erator.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are considered weapons of mass destruction, so watch out.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

DNR wrote:http://it.slashdot.org/story/15/02/08/0 ... and-reboot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thunder storms are EMP - they don't have to hit your house, but nearby to fry some electronics.

EMP weapons use explosives to quickly generate a pulse - http://active-duty.com/MI_FCG_FluxCompr ... erator.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are considered weapons of mass destruction, so watch out.

DNR

And thus we say that you are the best of the best of the best... Period

-Broken Angel