Digital camera, analog parts?

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Digital camera, analog parts?

Post by ayu »

I am doing this huge paper on digital cameras, and i am wondering (since i just can't seem to find it on google) if anyone could tell me about what parts that stayed analog in the camera when they switched from analog to digital. And why they couldn't or wouldn't be changed.

Thanks in advance =]
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well if I had the schematic of a digital camera I would elaborate more on the parts used. But just off hand I can assure you that there will always be A/D and D/A parts used.

Simply put, we live and exist in an analog world. In order for our digital devices to comprehend it will need a translator, the A/D converter and the D/A.

Digital cameras still have analog circuits:
A/D in the “record sound” section of the circuit, for small videos.
The optics is Analog converted to digital
The buttons you press might have a denouncing circuit possibly A/D involved circuit
If the camera plays back sound and video then an A/D is used to play the sound through a small speaker.

Analog cameras:
Lenses and mechanical devices to take a picture requiring often no power or very little for a flash and auto rewind. Limited features yet very good quality, hard for a digital cam to compete.

Power regulation is usually analog in structure, to charge batteries and run the camera

Now I am just shooting things out if I were engineering a camera so some might apply and some might not depends on the engineer’s style and the cost for the project.

Never, will analog go away and some times analog devices are better than digital. A nice tube guitar amp sound so much richer than a digital amp. Eq’s for stereos are generally better as an analog device.

I hope I helped a little?
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Yeah it helped =), thanks
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »