hdd ceased to funtion

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

hdd ceased to funtion

Post by n3rd »

after last days computer crash ( thanks to the maid ) -_-"

my second hard drive isnt recognized ne more, I tried reconecting it but no luck.

if I plug in the elec and the data cable I hear the hdd boot up and spin.

so whats the fing problem of windows not finding my hdd in the hardware manager?.

my hdd is a DiamondMax 10

Model 6v200E0 200g Sata 3.0g HDD

hope u guys can help me out

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well all I can say is to make sure the ribbon cable is seated firmly and in the correct orientation.

See if your bios detects the hard drive and if so then you know with an 89% probability that the hard drive is fine, it would conclude a software problem; perhaps windows is being windows. Try hard booting also. Soft boots don’t always find hardware problems for windows to repair or assign drivers for.

Now for fun if you have an oscilloscope handy you can check the signals generated on the bus to deduct a motherboard / socket malfunction. I had to replace a socket on my old motherboard because it had poor connectivity causing my hard drive to malfunction sporadically. A new 40 pin socket, a bit of solder wick and led free solder solved my problem.

Oh make sure the jumper pin is correctly positioned too, even if you had it running before and never tweaked the pin.

Good luck
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ