Music Adapters

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
sternbildchen
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Music Adapters

Post by sternbildchen »

Hi guys. Finally I got my new 5.1 surround system!
Now while connecting my pc I got to an problem.

I have only one COAX and one DIGITAL port left. And I want to connect my TV and the cd player to them.

Both have 2Cinch out-ports. I tryed to search for an adapter on the web, but I didn't find anything. So here is my question:

Do Cinch->Coax or Cinch->Digital adapters exist?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, is the koax input a normal or a digital one? if it's a normal one you can get such an adapter in every electronics/entertainment market for 3-4 bucks.... :wink:
to convert an analog chinch signal to a digital one is possible too, but those devices are pretty expensive, in this case it would be cheaper to get a 2nd soundcard.... :wink:

p.s. here's one I found on Amazon:

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

Its a digital coax port. Does this mean I can't use the thing you posted ?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

nope...you can't connect an analog chinch-out with a digital input without using an analog/digital converter...:?
and well, those converters are not really cheap:
check here...and to connect both TV and CD player you would even need 2 of them... :?
is your CD player not providing at least an optical digital output? then you could get an TOS/koax converter for about 25 bucks...but well, together with the analog/digital converter for the TV it's still 100 bucks then.

hmm...don't you have a regular HiFi amplifier? if yes there would be a cheaper option where you only need the analog/digital converter....you would have to connect TV and CD player to the amplifier and connect the "Tape Out" output through the analog/digital converter to the 5.1 set, so you could switch between TV and CD sound by the amplifier.