Computers fast lane....

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
JuggaloMushroom
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Computers fast lane....

Post by JuggaloMushroom »

i have been wondering for a long time this and if so may some one answer the following questions:
Is it possible to upgrade a video card from the internet is so how?
How do I increase the speed of my Pc so that i may load videos faster?

please if possible answer these a.s.a.p it would be appreciated
thank you :D
Oh,Not in cruelty, Not in wrath,
The REAPER came today,
An ANGEL visited this gray path,
And took the cube away.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Re: Computers fast lane....

Post by ebrizzlez »

JuggaloMushroom wrote:i have been wondering for a long time this and if so may some one answer the following questions:
Is it possible to upgrade a video card from the internet is so how?
How do I increase the speed of my Pc so that i may load videos faster?

please if possible answer these a.s.a.p it would be appreciated
thank you :D
Well... you can update your driver from the net, but not the video card. :roll:
And you can load video's faster but removing unwanted or unneeded processes from your computer so it just has more memory to acess quicker. And you may want to upgrade your RAM for better speeds. :wink:

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Your internet connection plays the major role in the speed of your downloads, not your video card.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

isapiens wrote:Your internet connection plays the major role in the speed of your downloads, not your video card.
He probley is trying to view videos or something. It would be best to get more RAM so there is more memory in line and can handle heavy load graphics, of course upgrading and buying a new video card is also reocommened so. Unloading unwanted applications saves you more memory to load video processes. If you hadnt notice, when you first go onto youtube and start watching a video your CPU shoots to 100% because it has to load in memory, so unloading some memory will make everything a bit faster. :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

many people don't know that one device can be an ugly resource hog: the sound card.....I've seen a test and some sound cards cause CPU loads up to 50%....may no big deal in everday use, but in gaming it's a bad bottleneck. as far as I remember Terratec Aureon ones were the ones with low CPU usage.
this is not directly affecting the download speed, but the overall performance.
and for graphics cards...well, always use the latest driver, if you have an ATI one don't use the "Control Center", use only the driver.

JuggaloMushroom

Post by JuggaloMushroom »

i hate playing games with sound :lol: i guess my choices help me there a little

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

JuggaloMushroom wrote:i hate playing games with sound :lol: i guess my choices help me there a little
I would die not playing with any sound. :oops: But b_b is right, some cards are a CPU killer. :roll:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Are you sure about that?

I was under the impression that Sound Cards had their own processors to take some of the load off the main CPU and thus allow the main CPU to proccess (in most cases) the game faster. Same thing with the Graphics Card.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Stavros wrote:Are you sure about that?

I was under the impression that Sound Cards had their own processors to take some of the load off the main CPU and thus allow the main CPU to proccess (in most cases) the game faster. Same thing with the Graphics Card.
*Checks A+ Certifcation book...*
Well... actually, you did bring up a good point. Although, it all nicks down to the card you have... :wink: Upgrading componets is always good. But if you ever notice, some cards do take more then others, for example. Recently I had an upgrade to my sound card, the same songs and everything on iTunes decreased the CPU usage to a mear 50,000 k memory, to a 30,000 k memory. Which helped my somewhat already slow aol process faster! Although, like I recommend still unloading processes and trying to do a,ll your best to lighten up your OS to power up generally much faster. Do virus tests to check if any viruses are loading and killing CPU as well. :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Stavros wrote:Are you sure about that?
yep! here you can get a benchmark app for sound cards, it also measures the CPU usage: http://audio.rightmark.org/products/rm3ds.shtml

here's the benchmark for my sound card:

up to 16% CPU usage....