BURN ANYTHING!

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
F4LSE
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

BURN ANYTHING!

Post by F4LSE »

OK so im workin my tale off to get my super computer so i wanted to ask a broad question. Ive done some research but i would like to know what everyone thinks would be the CD Drive that would BURN ANYTHING! like DVDS, ISO, XBOX 360 BACKUP GAMES, COMPUTER GAMES, MUSIC, you name it i wanna be able to burn it. So any suggestions!!!!!!!??

/

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

well.... DVD Burner +- RW Dual Layer

would handle all that you just said, but blueray is starting to show up more and more now ^^ although forget that....super expensive :/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

alien100

Post by alien100 »

360 games a much more complicated you need a special drive that are not manufactured anymore and hard to get and when u get one u need to edit the firmware so it can read the original disk data not the dummy file witch is around 200mb the full game is around 8GB

@neo
ordinary drives cannot read 360 games they just read the dummy data!
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

alien100, there are backup programs for that, that gets the real data and rips it to an ISO file.

No need for special drives and modified firmware ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

alien100

Post by alien100 »

neo130 wrote:alien100, there are backup programs for that, that gets the real data and rips it to an ISO file.

No need for special drives and modified firmware ^^
I work with that stuff nearly all the time I got lots of modding and console experience and thats the way for a 360 (the way I said in my earlier post) !!

There is only 3 ways
1.Using a modified drive
2.Using a modified 360 drive that connects to the pc via sata (ms25 and ms28 only!!)
3.ripping apart your normal drive and hotswaping and after that you need to find the correct secutity sector for the file u extracted and patch it not really recomended but possible!!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I am pretty sure i have seen a working backup maker somewhere ;/

wont look for it now though...it's 02:22 and i need to sleep....

alien100

Post by alien100 »

neo130 wrote:I am pretty sure i have seen a working backup maker somewhere ;/

wont look for it now though...it's 02:22 and i need to sleep....
There is software yes and in order to make it work you need the right tools and equipment as I said earlier!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

You don't have to become all worked up about it :<

anyway, you win, i tested the program and it's one of those where you have to fix a hotswap....

my mistake :roll:

alien100

Post by alien100 »

no probs :)

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

to have a burner that burns everything is impossible now those who know more feel free to correct me at will but in working with pcs etc there are to many formats etc Blueray for example is a whole burner to itself I think im notsure never had cash or interest in it and it just gets worse every doggone day with more formats etc burners bla bla the point is unless you want 20 or so cds on your machine and a grand or more in them it is not possible that I know of. And there is another problem with high end pcs my Tech friend and I have been running into My fancy 2.9 bla bla high end super pc is in the scrap pile because those super pcs have super very picky power demands one tiny deviation in power in kaboom she blew something I blew 1 ups 5 power supplies and finally the main board all this after I have rewired the apartment im in the power from the provider is bad!!! I had my pc set up right just a couple of burners 3 or so hard drives the norm for a super pc but it all kicked up power demands and how stable the incomeing power had to be now im on pentium IIs a pentium 3 9hundred something for my server all the rest are 4 hundred or less and not a blown one in over 3 years so thats just me but heard it allot so might want to consider before you spend a arm and leg
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

It_was_me_Allme_Imsoproud wrote:to have a burner that burns everything is impossible now those who know more feel free to correct me at will but in working with pcs etc there are to many formats etc Blueray for example is a whole burner to itself I think im notsure never had cash or interest in it and it just gets worse every doggone day with more formats etc burners bla bla the point is unless you want 20 or so cds on your machine and a grand or more in them it is not possible that I know of. And there is another problem with high end pcs my Tech friend and I have been running into My fancy 2.9 bla bla high end super pc is in the scrap pile because those super pcs have super very picky power demands one tiny deviation in power in kaboom she blew something I blew 1 ups 5 power supplies and finally the main board all this after I have rewired the apartment im in the power from the provider is bad!!! I had my pc set up right just a couple of burners 3 or so hard drives the norm for a super pc but it all kicked up power demands and how stable the incomeing power had to be now im on pentium IIs a pentium 3 9hundred something for my server all the rest are 4 hundred or less and not a blown one in over 3 years so thats just me but heard it allot so might want to consider before you spend a arm and leg

Wow thanx man. I will definently think about it. Well heres the thing, when i say super computer im thinking about a terabite hard drive, two burners, two Nvidia geforce graphics cards, quad core 6800 processor, and about 4 GB of RAM. Thats the basics. I constructed it on cyberpowerpc.com The power supply im pretty sure was 750 watts. So what do u think? to much or something that may go wrong?? any input would be great, cause i would hate to spend a couple thousand on a computer just to see it fry!

/

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

So about that lil dispute Neo and Alien100 had........ Is it at all possible for me to go about this?? cause ive seen some videos on the hot swap method and what section of code to take out in your firmware to make your 360 read iso games, but maybe its one of those things that just LOOKS easy but in reality its really not.....

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

{ terabite hard drive, two burners, two Nvidia geforce graphics cards, quad core 6800 processor, and about 4 GB of RAM. Thats the basics. I constructed it on cyberpowerpc.com The power supply im pretty sure was 750 watts.}

Well thats qustionable and everyone will debate that could be a safe number with little hardware running. OR with the huge size of drive and power requirements etc you may get picky stuff that big of a power supply will always need stable power! I Have learned the hard way You can spend thounsands close to a million on power filters ups and all the stuff that is supposed to regulate the incomeing power BUT once that incomeing Surges all that thousands in eqip is gone YES its under warrantie but trie to get it out of them they will fight tooth and nail to prove its you and your fault so my advice to all my pac customers is power how good is your power thats the big issue and unfortunatly other than a volt meter in the outlets 24/7 for a couple of days to a week or more thers no real way I no of to check it I did that hear it goes up down up down 118 121 120 etc pcs hate that crap will not stand for it and ups units will blow the hell up after a time on that voltage Mine is all stupid COM EDISON thanks utility company so hope that helps in some way or form there may be a better way im not a certified electrition just a hacker who knows enough about wireing and other house stuff to be dangerious if you know what I mean later
― John Lennon
― John Lennon

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

im not stating an answer here just a notion and hopefully someone like floodhound will be able to clear this up for us. by your location (USA) i presume that you are on a 110 volt circuit, although i think that 240 volts is slowly being introduced. now would having a 240 v connection help to have a more steady flow of electricity rather than 110 v and help regulate the fluctuation?

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

yes all us is 110 120 standard I have never heard of the 240 comming that and like I have said I am not a electrition but I think 220 and 240 all require the new wires bigger plugs etc whole system overhaul major bucks so I have never heard of it and those plugs are honking not to mention I have been zapped plenty by 110 220 screw you thats like messing with the electric off the pole hell no I hope use never goes that high only our dryers and stoves are right now
― John Lennon
― John Lennon