IPod nano wont work

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

IPod nano wont work

Post by Swan »

My ipod nano is not working..it is not recognised in either Windows explorer or Itunes. As a result I cannot do the 5 rs. I have tried a different USB port, a different USB cable...to no avail.

I checked the "safely remove hardware" feature, and my ipod appears.

I havent a clue whats wrong. Please help...I am using XP.

Just for the record, I know for a fact my USB ports are fine, because I access my wireless router using them, and other usb things have worked, when I tried to load my mothers ipod up, when it eventually loaded up, it said it maybe corrupted. However, this is NOT something I am getting with the Nano (her ipod is a shuffle.)

I cant restore my Ipod nano because it is not recognised in Itunes. I have removed and reinstalled the LATEST version of itunes, again to no avail. I have restarting the damn thing, again no luck.

The actual ipod itself is working perfect. There is no sad ipod icon, no issues with the sound. It just isnt recognised in Windows Explorer or Itunes.

Hope this is detailed enough...but guys I HAVE tried.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Go to ipod web site and look for a rebooting, resetting, re installing the bios type of control. My MP3 player did this and i found out that if i pressed all the buttons in a cretin way it reset the BIOS. I upgraded the firmware and no more problems.

Good luck
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ