MX revolution binding

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
Grombo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

MX revolution binding

Post by Grombo »

i just got my mx revolution today and i am loving it to smecks.

one thing that i dont like though. the mouse 3 button (mouse wheel) isnt there.

there is a mouse wheel sort of on the left side of it, it doesnt spin around fully but it acts as 3 extra buttons. i want to know how to make my computer think that pressing that button in is like the mouse wheel button as i use it alot in web browsing to open new links.

i do not have a driver cd as i bought this on ebay refurbished. so it didnt come in original packaging or with a manual or CD w/e.
any tips?

From the very appreciative Grombo.
[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7766/impracticalskillslw4.gif[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

you can download the software on www.logitech.com , it's called Setpoint 4.60...you can set the functions for the buttons, etc. with it, I have the same mouse... :wink:

Grombo

Post by Grombo »

thanks alot brain of bad! im dling it as we speak ill post if i have any problems.

can i set it so that on other programs i can configure the buttons? like in source games like css or tf2, can i set the buttons to bind in console by using bind <key> +mouse4 or something along those lines?

EDIT: dw about it, i have bound the buttons to letters and will bind those letters to in-game commands. ty for the software link!!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

don't forget to decrease the mouse wheel sensitivity a little so you have to roll it faster until it spins free...else it can get a little annoying in FPS when changing the weapon... :lol:

Grombo

Post by Grombo »

actually, without the setpoint program, the middle mouse button toggles fast scroll and regular scroll, i toggled it, then made it a generic button. so its like a regular mouse with 4 extra buttons now :D

EDIT: after playing around with the mouse a bit more, even though its set to scroll like a regular mouse, if i scroll rapidly in one direction it automatically scrolls anyways!^^

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, that's what I meant with "free spin"...like a yo-yo...you can even adjust how fast the wheel have to be pushed to make it spin free... :wink:

Uner

Post by Uner »

Excuse my out-of-nowhere question... but isn't that mouse uncomfortable as fuck? It does look like it.

Grombo

Post by Grombo »

oh no, quite the contrary, well at least for right handers.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

nope, it's the most comfy one I ever used, of course it needed a little to get used to it, but since I use it I have no more pain in the wrist or a "sleepy" little finger. even for gaming the mouse isn't bad because it has a bigger footpoint than other ones, and this keeps the mouse away from tilting on fast movements.
the only problem I had at the beginning was because of the bluetooth connection, my computer is about 2 meters away from the mouse and stands directly at a wall, so the connection was not the best....but after using an USB extension cable and placing the bluetooth dongle nearer to the mouse it works fine.

Grombo

Post by Grombo »

bad brain wrote: the only problem I had at the beginning was because of the bluetooth connection, my computer is about 2 meters away from the mouse and stands directly at a wall, so the connection was not the best....but after using an USB extension cable and placing the bluetooth dongle nearer to the mouse it works fine.
yes, same thing with me sort of, the cursor wld lag for a second or 2, until i moved the bluetooth device to the front panel.