Strange

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
Macross
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Strange

Post by Macross »

I have a realy annoying problem here. When my pc motherboard burned i took it to computer store to change the motherboard. When it was fixed i got home booted up pc and tryed to play some games. And then i noticed stripes appearing in games. For example http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27818462vh8.jpg Then i tryed to download latest grapich card drivers but it didn't help there was even more of those stripes. Maybe anyone know what could be the problem?
Last edited by Macross on 23 Jun 2008, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well cant say whats going on, but depending on the damage that you previous motherboard took you may have some extended damage to the video card. First try using a different "known to be in good order" video card vs. your current one. See if the problem persist. Try other suspecte parts as well until the problem is resolved. Perhaps all new motherboard drivers should be updated as well.

Also let us know what op system and some history as to why the old motherboard blew up.

Good luck
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Macross

Post by Macross »

There was some problems with electricity in my house. All of the sudent voltage became realy high so then i turned off my pc quickly. So next day i turned it on and it worked perfectly but after one week it just stopped working. Im using windows atm.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, points to a hardware problem, either the g-card or maybe the monitor cable...it even could be the monitor itself, so make sure to check all options... :wink: