Philips PC Camera

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Philips PC Camera

Post by FaoX »

Ive had this cam for a short time now worked perfectly till I upgraded to xp64bit, Can't find any specific drivers that work, when i install the drivers windows sees the cam is plugged in but doesnt put two and two together. Anyone have any ideas or has found a driver? I've been googling for days >.<

Product linke here.

is the support page, the driver does not seem to work on xp 64
\"The OS is detected as NetBSD (it will even run on your toaster).\"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, strange....I don't think it's really caused by a driver incompatibility to XP64, get "Webcam Diagnostics" and see if it can find the reason:
http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Cant you just plug it in and ignore errors while navigating to start - my computer - camera and right click to open ? then click and drag pictures to the desktop ?

Let me know.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

same thing here

Post by DNR »

Hey! Funny thing, I had the same problem with my HP Digicam.

When I plugged in my camera it used to start up the correct program to download the camera.
I think I tried different DVD, recording apps/media player type software and it doesn't work anymore! Installing and removing apps has corrupted the registry. The 'mycomputer\HKEY_Local_machine\software\hewlett-packard is a mess..
So I click out the error messages (2) and then just goto "My Computer" and double-click to see all the attached devices, the camera being one of them. You then right-click on the camera icon for the menu, there it says "Get Pictures".

I suppose the correct way to fix this would to be a reinstall of the camera application as well as updating the application. Trying to fuxor with the registry without knowing which line to delete would make for a long day.

Reinstall!
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

Unfortunatly Bad_Brain, The utility you said for me to try cant detect it, again the driver was installed via the installer from there website, but the hardware never recognized it as its driver, how can I manually install it as it driver I'm not even sure where the driver was installed too?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

you can do it in the device manager, pick the device-> "update driver" and then don't make it search for one, pick "don't search. I will chose the driver to install"....and then simply browse to the location of your file.

:wink:
Last edited by bad_brain on 23 Sep 2008, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

Thats just it the folder the driver cam in doesnt have the .inf file it needs to install, on 32 it just auto installed and worked, but I'm not sure what to do from here.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ah, I see...damn, the only alternative driver I can find is for 30 bucks...*screwy*

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

well this sucks, I really dont want to have to by a new cam because the driver doesn't work on 64

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, do you really have to use the 64bit version? :-k

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

Of windows? Kinda a bit overboard downgrading from 64 because of a webcame, plus I would lose 2gbs of ram...never o.o i like my 4 gigs of unnneeded ram...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

umm...XP professional supports 4 GB in the 32bit version...so are you using home edition? or are you using 6 GB RAM....now I am confused... :lol:

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

Hmm now im using a pro corp key. Maybes its because I never use service packs... but beyond the point still, a full reformat for a cam? Kinda overboard, and I still dont understand why it doesnt work... like whats the mechanics behind it that makes it unable to be found just because the os is 64?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, well, I found no reports that the camera is known not to work for XP64, so the "reinstall the OS" suggestion was mostly the reason why it is not working for you is VERY hard to find....can be pretty anything, a broken driver, messed up registry, etc.
but you said you NEVER use service packs...not even SP1? even I use SP1, because without it your system has no USB 1.1/2.0 support if you haven't installed the drivers manually (and for many mainboards there is no such a driver available because they assume you have SP1 installed).

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

Oh no sorry this cd I have comes with sp1, and just upgraded to sp2 and still nothing.