heating caused by cooling [solved]

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

heating caused by cooling [solved]

Post by rhysh »

ok so ive been fucking around with my comp,and lots of things alike

ive been overclocking it but this isnt the cause because ive defaulted the setting of the fucker,but its still over heatng,ive put something like 6 extra fans doing 2000 rpm,but the thing is sitting at upto 56 *c when its should be about 48 without all the fans,im doing my own wiring and have managed to run 2 fans per 12 volt plug,which i shouldnt really do,but this i m suspecting might be the cause,please note ive stopped overclocking my proccessor,and is back at 2.4ghz,any ideas?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

56 degrees...is that the CPU or the case temp? if it's the CPU then I see no reason to be alerted, because that's not a high temp for any CPU (what CPU is it btw?).
if I understood you right and the temperature rises when connecting the fans it might be the PSU which is too weak...

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I guess it is not enough to just put a couple of good fans in your box. You need to figure out what kind of pressure you are creating by making some fans take in air and have some fan hot air out. That is the only think that I can think of right now. We all know that hot air rises so you need to have the fans that take air out of the box at the top while the ones that take in air at the bottom. With that many fans I figure you should be able to keep the temp pretty low.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I have tried a lot of fans and also checked which fan direction provide the best airflow for me, so here is what works best for my system, on the front I have a 12cm fan, on the side and on the back a 8cm one.
notice the direction of the side fan, when using the opposite direction the temp increases about 5 degrees! this way it also gives extra cooling for the g-card:

visser

Post by visser »

yea. you def want to have more fans pointing in than out. this causes high pressure which is better for cooling and doesnt allow as much dust to settle. two good things to have.

another thing to consider is the heat sync it self.

is the connection to the cpu very good?
is the heat sync copper or aluminum?
is it covered in paint?
have you tried "lapping" your heat sync?
what size is the heat sync?

is it possible that you could take a pic of the inside of your comp and post it to us? preferable that you post /hr/ aswell as your system specs. thats always handy to have

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

ph shit,i totally forgot about this thread,sorry to bump

ok so i disbled all but 2 fans,and now it sites at 50 degrees celcius max 51

and the psu is 430 wat

so maybe i should just leave te two fans that are cooling my video card

the one at the back is sucking in air while the other is at the fron where the hdd's go and is blowing air towars the back form inside the case,which is keeping my video card nice n cool,i think

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

right so you disabled the extra fans you wired to a 12v plug, probably saving your PSU.
ive put something like 6 extra fans doing 2000 rpm,but the thing is sitting at upto 56 *c when its should be about 48 without all the fans,im doing my own wiring and have managed to run 2 fans per 12 volt plug,which i shouldnt really do
Thanks for getting back to us on this.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.