Looking for suggestions - [New case, new laptop]

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Looking for suggestions - [New case, new laptop]

Post by Big-E »

Okay, so I recently broke my laptop and went out and bought a new desktop - I bought the base specifications of the sytem right now, and I am waiting for the Boxing day sales to grab some more cheap equiptment. With that being said, I am looking for the following items, and your suggestions for each one (I am sure most of you eye new cases..etc, all the time.);

A new case, size is not an issue as I have a large room and desk to put it on, what is important is price (preference to it not being much more than $150) good air flow and an attractive look..I like simplistic looks..brushed aluminium, glossy black..etc (no alien eyes bullshit)

Suggestions on a new DVD burner (current one is EIDE, looking for an SATA one, something reliable, and cheap..I suppose)

Also, with the loss of my laptop I am seeking something to replace it..perhaps an Eeepc or Acer Atom laptop, something portable..impressive specifications are not required as it will be mostly for coding on the go, using it at meetings, document editing..emails..and lots of CLI stuff - so it will definitely run linux; and I can set it up so it does not horde resources.

Suggestions?

PS.

N3rd, I am not getting a poopy powerbook.

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

haha ive never heard of a powerbook,what is it?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

what about this case:
http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/case ... -rhodium/1
that's the one I will get for my new system (black color, of course)....clean but stylish design, good quality and not too expensive.... :)

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I love that case bb, but looking at it I am not sure it`s the right fit for my system - my PSU is a freaking octopus, it was one of the cons of the PSU..but it runs quiet and it`s high quality, so I purchased it anyway...It`s a Corsair 650W PSU, good quality and great price at $120 - $40 rebate from NCIX.com . I am hoping to find a case, almost like that (same style) with possible a aluminum "window" something like a perforated aluminum sheet, so that there is better airflow too.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

This one looks pretty cool (PC case)

Code: Select all

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thermaltake-Super-Tower-VA8003BWS-Armor-PC-Case-NEW_W0QQitemZ250347370872QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_PC_Cases_Towers?hash=item250347370872&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Gone