Monitor display gone after using System Mechanic

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Monitor display gone after using System Mechanic

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Hey, I got some weird problem when I used system mechanic Pro 8.
I installed System Mechanic Pro 8 and I cleaned my PC through their wizard.
When I turned off my PC and again started, my PC was started normally but my monitor display got off.

I tried many ways to get it back. I checked RAM, my monitor cables, CPU fan, I even removed FAN and cleaned my processor and added heat-sink into it, checked CMOS setting/battery, all optical drives... using jumper...

Then I realized 1 thing, wen I removed my connection to HDD, I got my display back and it showed some boot error (obviously). How this may happen?
Then, I checked my HDD, removed cables, (both, power and SATA) and then I just attached my SATA cable. After that, I got my display back.
Then luckily, I started with my HDD fully on and PC started normally and then I started in safe mode, backed-up all my data and now I am on again, in critical condition. What should I do now???

I now removed System Mechanic and now everything is working fine.

Pls suggest the problem solution and how this happened///
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

man zero - you got the computer from hell :lol:

Well lets recap where we are now - the PC is running ok right now?
You ever use something like Everest Home edition - it is an app to profile everything on your computer, and it prints out.

You need to do a baseline on your system after a clean install - so you know you have a trusted machine. I know you have had several problems with this machine and I am not sure you are near your PCs baseline.

The baseline is a way to compare files, and system health when the PC gets sick.

So your first real project should be to baseline your system. I know it sounds unexciting, but like many boring sysadmin jobs (like backups!) its important.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

No, my monitor display gone again. I dunno wats d prob...

Im not hardware expert... :-(
Learning NMAP

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

well the monitor needs the graphics card. Now would be the time to pull the graphics card and reinsert it or swap it with another one to test it.

Hang in there buddy :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I have 1 GB nvidia 8400GS and my graphics card is working fine.
I pulled it, and re-inserted it.

Now my pc is working fine, as of now, but can't say wen again it will go off...
Im not gonna turn it off now, not until some person comes frm the company and fixes this problem...
Learning NMAP

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

The second time the Monitor went blank did it again present with that boot error ?? Or did the screen just happen to come back ?

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

DrVirus wrote:The second time the Monitor went blank did it again present with that boot error ?? Or did the screen just happen to come back ?
I experienced HDD problem. Most of the times, when i plug out my hdd and start PC, it starts normally, but wen i plug it again, then display goes off.

Im gonna format it now and ill replace my graphics card also, if needed...

2nd time, wen monitor wen off, i think its boot problem...
Learning NMAP

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

See just boot problems aren't supposed to cause a complete Monitor black out ! It would be cool if they did though.

Anyway, have you ruled out the Monitor I mean it might have some kind of problems, have you tried swap testing it ??

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Ok, i figured the problem.
The problem was in my hard disk. I formatted it and now everything is working fine now.

Now I tell u wat I did before my monitor display went off.

I had used System Mechanic Pro 8 to clean my PC and used DriverGenius Pro to update my drivers.

What could be the problem??? Please suggest the reason...
Learning NMAP

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I had a similar problem using an auto driver updater, the program updated my system with a beta driver that didn't mesh well with my configuration. The fix was easy, just restor the old driver... mine was a printer driver though, so it was a simple matter.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

p4inl0v3r wrote:since the issue was not hardware related, there was most probably driver issue. the s/w you installed messed up the drivers of the monitor
Then how it started in between? I mean, my monitor used to start sometimes...
Learning NMAP

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

a baseline would have allowed you to check drivers and compare them.

good job p4

DNR
-

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

yea - the bad driver can work - but cause intermitten problems. Seen it plenty of times to know drivers can be tempermental.

DNR
-

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

But if it was just a bad driver shouldn't he get a Incompatible Driver error instead of a complete blank screen ??

EDIT : Do it again. Install and run all the things that were there and then use the system mechanic again. If it's causing it then you will be sure. Do it again.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

DrVirus wrote:But if it was just a bad driver shouldn't he get a Incompatible Driver error instead of a complete blank screen ??

EDIT : Do it again. Install and run all the things that were there and then use the system mechanic again. If it's causing it then you will be sure. Do it again.
Lolzzz r u crazy? It took me 7 hrs to format my hard drive. I think its coz of DriverGenius Pro...
Learning NMAP