Low size high res LCD :P

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Low size high res LCD :P

Post by visser »

Ok so i have had an interesting discussion with a friend about LCD screens while we were waiting in line at black friday.

Pretty much here i the jist of it: Large screens at resolutions of 1680 X 1050 will have more real estate (visible screen that you can put windows and such on lol) than a screen with a lower size but same resolution.

what sparked this was my 19in screen at the above res vs his 23in screen at the same res. We have the same res but we were arguing which would have more real estate and why. i thought it would be a very interesting convo for suck-o
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.

IceDane

Post by IceDane »

If you are asking whether a 19" LCD screen will be able to fit bigger windows on it than a 17" screen, or something like that, then: yes, but no.

It depends entirely on each LCD's PPI(Pixels per inch). So, a 400x400 pixels window might be bigger, if you measure it on screen, on one, than it is on the other.

visser

Post by visser »

yeah I had an in depth discussion with a DV major here at the school

screens with the same rez just different size (inch wise) will fit the same amount of stuff on it. but a 19" screen will have pixels on it that are way way smaller that a screen that is 46" (just to throw a random number lol)

so real estate of a screen depends entirely on the rez of the screen.
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.