iPod Jailbreak Help?!

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
TheWarped

iPod Jailbreak Help?!

Post by TheWarped »

I'm not sure if this goes here but this is my problem:

Well I've been trying to jalbreak my iPod Touch for the pas hour with QuickFreedom and the part that I'm stuff on is putting my iPod in DFU mode, It says to hold the home + top button untill it turns of then just hold the home button, but then the iPod keeps saying connect to iTunes and it won't go into DFU mode for some reason..

My iPod is 2nd generation but I uprgaded it to version 3.1.2 the other day, would this have something to do with it?

I tried to downgrade it back to the old version but I don't know how to do that..

Err, is there anything I can do to jailbreak it or uhm, a different program that's easier than QuickFreedom?

This is the video I've been following:

The part of the video I can't get past is 2:45. :/

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Googling

Post by maboroshi »

Googling "Jailbreak Ipod 3.1.2" Reveals a lot of instructional links. But since I don't have an ipod I can't confirm or deny any of these. However this sentence
"PwnageTool version 3.1.4 has been released which can jailbreak all iPhone’s (2G, 3G and 3GS) and the first and second generation iPod touch running iPhone firmware 3.1.2."
from this site

Code: Select all

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ipod-touch-3.1.2-firmware-with-pwnagetool-3.1.4-oih689/
May be what your after

*cheers

Maboroshi

TheWarped

Post by TheWarped »

I just found out about blackra1n..

wow that was extremely easy.

well, I guess this thread can be locked.