Graphic card...sugestions.

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Graphic card...sugestions.

Post by Lyecdevf »

A while ago I build my self a gaming computer. I really like MW2 so I decided that I had it with the crashes on my laptop. On top of that I decided that the movies that have been coming out recently are no longer worth my time and that I would be playing games from now on.

So here is the question I want to pose. I did not really put a lot of thought into the heart of the computer which I suppose is the graphic card. All the other components are strong. I simply went out and bought some thing that did not cost a lot more than the other components...I got the HD 5750 :oops: . Sure it has DDR5 512 MB and X11 support but I do not think I like it. For one I was thinking of getting a heat sink for it because I hate the look of that fan but for this model almost no heat sink is compatiable. On top of that I am not sure if I am going to be able to play games on it in a year from now if the games are going to get more demanding for graphics.

So maybe give me some suggestions. I really have not though much about graphic cards because I was more concerned with processors. Now I have pretty much figured where I stand on the AMD vs. intel issue but I have not thought much about the ATI Radeon vs. Nvidia...so help.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, you will still be able to play the newest games with good settings in a year. the 5750 isn't a bad card at all, I am using the 4850 for example and I can also still play the latest games on highest settings.
if you want to get rid of the fan you could switch to a small watercooling system, there is a waterblock available for the 5750.

but if you want to get a new g-card instead the 59xx series is definitely worth a look....of course it's pricey, needs a lot of power and pretty loud (at least without g-card BIOS customization), but the performance is awesome.

if you want to check nvidia I can't really give you some advice, I'm an ATI guy... :wink:

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I was thinking about the water cooling just today. I prefer better cooling that the one most things are shipped with.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal