network problem

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
l0ngb1t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

network problem

Post by l0ngb1t »

ok i'll try to make as simple as it can be
according the local area network thing on the left of the clock :P i can send but i cannot receive any thing
and the connection is not working

any suggestion
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

output of:

Code: Select all

ipconfig /all
?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

two things that are important -

DNS IP - this server provided by your ISP, resolves URL into IP so it can find the webhost for that URL

Gateway IP - this is the jump off to get from your computer or private network - onto the ISP

If you can send - it means your card/computer's NIC is working - but it does not mean you have the right settings to get on the internet - hence the two IPs you need to check.

The ping test - if you cmd.exe and then ping 'www.google.com' - if it says "unable to resolve host" your DNS server is wrong or down. If you enter the IP of google.com ( 72.14.204.99 ) and if it works, again - your DNS server is FUXORED. Try opendns.org. By entering the IP - the computer does not need the DNS server to translate URL..

If it resolves the URL to an IP, but you get 100% packets lost - your gateway is messed. This means your ISP is down, or you have the wrong network settings - as in the case of roaming systems - ie wifi. You can have the wrong protocol, the wrong IP.

BTW - do the basic checkout - cables, router on, wifi on, "did anyone do anything recently to this computer?"

Good luck.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

no ip setting are correct
i called my ISP and as it seems he had a problem :evil:
SOLVED

thank B_B and DNR
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"