Kindle?

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
hpprinter100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Kindle?

Post by hpprinter100 »

I have been thinking about getting an e-book reading for awhile now. The Kindle looks very good and has a great price point.

Has anyone here got a Kindle or know someone who has and what there experiance has been?

I would get the 6" with wifi as i would not use the 3G.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: Kindle?

Post by lilrofl »

I have a Kindle and I do not regret the purchase at all. I've had it for more then a year now, and recommended it to many people, none of which have thought it a bad purchase either.

I have a DX, so it's larger then the Kindle 2, but the results are the same. I occasionally think I should have bought the smaller one, but that's usually when I'm trying to fit 'one more thing' in my backpack.

Amazon has a great book selection for the Kindle, and it grows every day. They recently added an, 'I'd like to see this on Kindle' button for their non Kindle books, with a goal of translating every book they carry into the format.

If you decided to go through with it, I highly recommend getting a case for your Kindle, doesn't really matter which one.

I never use the 3G for wifi, just whisper net for book downloads, if I'm not downloading a book I turn the wifi off to save power. This way the Kindle has a battery life of just over a week.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

hpprinter100

Post by hpprinter100 »

i'm sold, ordered one :)

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

They are incredibly nice. Dad got one from my step-mom. Word of advice though. Don't leave it laying on a bed under covers. He did this and cracked the screen with his elbow on accident.