MS-DOS Corruption

Problems? Post here...
Lagato12

MS-DOS Corruption

Post by Lagato12 »

Hey guys, I was wondering if you all could help me out..

I need to reinstall my Command-Prompt because it has gotten very corrupted. I want to do this with out reformating my PC. Do any of you have ideas?

Thanks,

- Lagato.

PS: It's giving me errors when I give cmds like it will say, "16 bit subsystem, The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:054b IP:0102 OP:ff ff 83 3e 51 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. "

:?

I remember you guys saying something about going in windows and deleteing a fake ms-dos? Lol, I really don't remember so help me out if you would please. Thanks again. :cry:

Lagato12

Post by Lagato12 »

Also, as I said. I would like to be able to fix it without reformating and I checked my Windows reinstall disk and found nothing useful..

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm...get 4DOS from the useful programs download section and try if the problem appears with this program too. if not you can use 4DOS instead of your normal cp, it´s even better...
if it not works I would try to repair the system with the install disk... :wink:

Lagato12

Post by Lagato12 »

Lagato12 wrote:Also, as I said. I would like to be able to fix it without reformating and I checked my Windows reinstall disk and found nothing useful..
Heh as I said ^_^

But ok, I've seen that in the dl section before but never thought about it, alright thanks I'll get back..

Lagato12

Post by Lagato12 »

Bah, Still nothing..

Any Ideas?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

go start>run and type: sfc /scannow
it´ll search for corrupted system files and you can replace them with the XP disk when something is found.
if that still don´t work you have to repair the system with the XP disk by booting from it and chose the repair option, don´t worry, you don´t have to format your drive when repairing, and your saved data will NOT be erased, only the system files will be replaced (but a backup of your important files is recommended).... :wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

try deleting the cp program file in your system folder and replacing it with another one, you can get them from the Ultimate Boot disk website

Lagato12

Post by Lagato12 »

Thanks a bunch guys. :D