A SNES PC Mod

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

A SNES PC Mod

Post by CommonStray »

Ok guys this is basically my first MOD, what it will be is a stripped Super Nintendo System implemented into one of my old pc's. I got the idea while trashing through a dirty closet when i came across the console, so i decide well lets put it back to use...

Heres the first pic of many...

This is the front cover what i did was take out the controller face of the SNES and cut out a slot about the same size (luckily for me the controller face and the pc face was the same width and it fit perfectly). I the inserted some chicken wire to give it a "caged in" look and feel.[/img]

The SNES was difficult to open because i had to drill out the special screws underneath, during this operation i accidentally broke a piece of circuit board on a smaller piece that connected to the main board...so i have to find another SNES to retrieve a new one.

Next i will show the casing with a window cut out, adding the plexi glass and mounting the stripped SNES boards through the plexi so a cartridge game can be played.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

so heres the window finally cut out of the side of the tower, the window isnt that big because its just going to show snes board and the cartridge will stickk out through the plexi... next to come...the mounting of the board and window

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

This topic was interesting me... any news? :)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.